• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Lo-Tech ISA-USB

No idea on that, I have the lo-tech card, When you say it tries to boot using the boot rom do you see an led flashing in the flash drive ? what do you see on the screen when trying to boot.

There is no original lo-tech isa-usb, I suppose.
This is my own copy of that card, made by lo-tech design.

Any ideas how to find the problem?

Post your CONFIG.SYS DEVICE declaration. Make sure that the card address matches the value passed to CH375DOS.SYS

Hey guys. It seems there were problems with assembling.
Now it is works from the driver, and trying to boot (flashed at d800)
How to make this flash drive bootable? (format and fdisk doesn't work of course)
There is one primary partition about 100mb.
Also - is it okay when card in bootmode - it is cannot start with driver (do it veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery slow)

It is slow in an XT, IIRC i get about 12 Kb/s in my 5160, If you are using an XT class computer use the V1.9A DOS driver from the "No inter" folder as i said before, The V2 driver is slower and IIRC meant for an AT computer. Where did you get the boot rom bios file from, The original boot rom I/O is set for 260h, You'll need to change it to the right I/O address for your card, 2C0 if thats what it is and checksum the binary.

To make my flash drives bootable for use with my lo-tech card i use " active @ partition manager " free version to partition and format the flash drive, Then i reboot my computer in to dos 6.22 and do " sys d: " D being the flash drive, Then i reboot in to XP and copy additional DOS files to the flash drive as required and job done. If all i want is a flash drive for use with the DOS driver there is nothing special to do, I just format the drive in fat16 using XP. I have used 1 and 2 Gb flash drives with single partition with no problems.

and it seems to be you have used some USB dos driver to make your flash system?
Now my bootrom is original lo-tech...

No, I have a laptop and a desktop that supports USB flash drives in the bios and when i boot them into DOS 6.22 i can use them with no additional dos drivers required. The trick is Don't use plain old DOS to partition and format a flash drive i have found it don't always work if you want to make it bootable, Same with CF cards.

uhu…. emm you NO-INTER driver killing my system, do I need to write something another in config.sys?

Try this one, It's the one i use, Don't be surprised if it don't work, It's slow so give it time to boot, It has issues like i said before, it's been modified for I/O 2C0 and checksummed.

Attachments

• CH375ROM_Mod.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 21
Is it ok when this image only 4kb? original uses 8kb?
Is disk property isn't means?
Also, does anybody know where to get 512mb image for rufus with dos622 on it? goggled half of internet...

Is it ok when this image only 4kb? original uses 8kb?
Yes it's fine, The original V1.5 binary is a tad over 3 Kb and must be padded out to 4Kb.

Is disk property isn't means?
I don't understand what you mean ?

Also, does anybody know where to get 512mb image for rufus with dos622 on it? goggled half of internet...
Don't use Rufus or the HP USB format tool even if you can find a 512Mb image, Neither of them creates a bootable flash drive that is compatible with the bios, In other words they don't boot.

And you are wrong! today I used rufus with disk image (even with no to raw converter, like in recipe on first page) from virtual box (512mb, vhd, clean bootdos)! And it is work!!!! Yo ho ho!!!!
I meant drive properties - as size, cluster size etc etc etc... But I see that no...
As I understand in the boot mode it is work little slower than in driver mode? And of course you cant get every cake in this word?

Maybe i should have said using rufus didn't work for me, i only tried it once, I don't use any kind of virtual box, i have no need to, Anyway good luck with it.

Back