• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Loading disks without extended basic

Lurch666

Experienced Member
So I got my nanopeb and have it working but it seems like unless I have an extended basic cart I won't be able to run much.It there a way to load extended basic into ram or am I stuffed till I can find an extended basic cart somewhere (they seem pretty rare).

I'm in the UK-Would an American EB cart work in my TI99/4A?

There is no way to stuff XB into the system RAM--it is 42K of program all by itself, which exceeds the size of all available system RAM. That said, I may have a spare or two around here (or if you are interested in something somewhat more powerful, I can probably arrange to get you an XB 2.7 Cartridge using one of my UberGROM boards--it also has Editor Assembler and a lot of other utilities in it, including the disk manager for the NanoPEB). The builder of the XB 2.7 carts sells them for $40 each (I make the boards, he does the programming), so I could get you one for that plus whatever it costs to ship it to you. I could let you have a standard US XB cart for $10--and they will work in any 99/4A, as the XB carts were the same anywhere they were sold.

Well it good to know the cartridges will work anywhere in the world and I would take you up on your offer but I already have an XB cart coming from America I found on ebay.If I need a better one later I'll let you know.

Thanks for the info.

Back