• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Midwest Long shot ask: Westinghouse / ABB Distribution Control Terminal

Covers: North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio

tech58761

Experienced Member
I figure many of the forum members probably visit their local e-waste facility at least occasionally or know those that do, so I'm just throwing this out there to see if anyone may have seen one of these units kicking around.

This was part of an utility load-control system that used the power lines themselves as the communications medium.

The Distribution Control Terminal (DCT-501) allowed the utility to monitor the voltage, line current, etc. at a given location, as well as indirectly controlling loads on site.

Even when these were state of the art in the '80s, few were produced... like I said, long shot.

The electronics are contained within an enclosure on the back of the door, and would have been nearly identical to the 'mainboard' picture, as well as an ADC daughterboard.

On the odd chance someone has one of these, I am willing to at minimum cover shipping, and in the event you do not wish to sell, I just want the opportunity to examine / document the boards / chassis wiring, and dump the EPROMs.

Attachments

• exterior.jpg
    exterior.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 5
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 5
  • mainboard.jpg
    mainboard.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 5
Back