• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Looking for a PS/2 Model 70 A21 or related.

duewix

I am trying to replace some hardware I let go of in my younger (dumber) days. I was hoping to find one of the PS/2 Model 70s with the CPU complex which can be swapped out. Anyone have one for sale or trade?

This particular one is tough to find... I have one, and it'll be a cold day in hell when it gets pried from my cold, dead hands! :D

I've seen 2 come up on eBay in the last 16-18 months... both went for a good little amount of money (upwards of $150), and neither had the 486 cpu complex.

Mine doesn't either, for that matter. I've not seen the "real" 486 complex, but I do have an IBM 486 upgrade that will work in both the Model 70 and 80 systems. Though I've never tried putting it into my A21 Model 70.........

I never thought about it but I have a flakey 386 board with a 486DLC processor on it, I can't remember the clockspeed but it's probably more than my PS/2's 25MHz.
I wonder how or if it would work?

No, Springbok - yours has the revision motherboard that doesn't have the CPU on a complex... and Chromedome, you know exactly where I got my Model 70 from ;)

Back