• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

looking for an APPLE IIe accelerator

cyril3d

Hi

IS there a way to buy an Apple IIe acceleration board such as transwarp, zip chip, speed deamon please?

thanks

cyril

The exception being the ZipChip, which is a slotless and very, very nice Apple II accelerator that's always expensive.

I've seen 8MHz ZipChips sell openly for around $80. A few years ago, a seller was purging several of them and after getting top dollar for most of them, demand slowed down and the later auctions sold for considerably less.

Here's a tip you may already know - look closely at every machine auction, especially when the lid is popped. Check the CPU socket and for any cards that are installed for something 'bonus' the seller isn't aware of. I've nabbed more Transwarp cards on the cheap from broken, parts only auctions than from any other source. Recent example, I bid on 2 broken, 'won't boot' machines from a recycler on eBay - got them for $65. For that, I picked up 2 Transwarp cards, 2 1MB RAMWorks w/512K add-on cards, 1 PC Transporter, 1 SerialPro and 1 RAMFactor. One of the Transwarp cards needed a new CPU to make it work -- all the other cards worked right away. The IIe machines themselves are too beat up for my collection and are heading to this year's KansasFest for giveaway.

I've always suspected somewhere out there someone is hoarding all the accelerators...
I landed a Transwarp II a few years ago in a IIe on the cheap that way, and I was only hoping for a sandwich card.
Sold it for a pretty Penny (Thanks Jamie!)

I've always suspected somewhere out there someone is hoarding all the accelerators...
I landed a Transwarp II a few years ago in a IIe on the cheap that way, and I was only hoping for a sandwich card.
Sold it for a pretty Penny (Thanks Jamie!)

I just visited a friend in California who is a fairly well-known Apple II enthusiast. We were helping to sort, rearrange his substantial collection. I saw a box containing at least 25-30 ZipGS and TranswarpGS accelerators. Not all of them were in working condition though, but seeing that many in one box was like opening a treasure chest full of pirate booty.

I've seen 8MHz ZipChips sell openly for around $80. A few years ago, a seller was purging several of them and after getting top dollar for most of them, demand slowed down and the later auctions sold for considerably less.

there is a zip chip on ebay now...very expensive...very

Hi olePigeon

this board is only for Apple II or II+, not for IIe
FOr IIe there is a Titan Accelerator IIE

Back