• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Looking for AT&T (or compatible) 5.25" drive rails (picture included)

raifield

Experienced Member
I have a 6386/25 that I am trying to install a hard drive into. Unfortunately, the drive racks are non-standard (love that) and require rails instead of screws. The 3.5 floppy drive has them and I've taken a picture of one in an effort to find the right rails. They are very simple, relying on the bent metal on the back to catch a hook on the computer chassis and a small tab on the front for a screw. I have not had any luck in finding more of these though.

Would anyone know if these were only used for AT&T systems or if hopefully, they are some sort of standard rail type? The two 5.25" slots need them, as well as the full height ESDI rack.

20130215_171345.jpg20130215_171304.jpg20130215_171252.jpg

I have rails that I got from a 6386 and a 6300 and while they look very similar to the pics you posted there are slight differences. Maybe if you give the exact measurements I can check and get a better idea as to whether they are the same.

I have rails that I got from a 6386 and a 6300 and while they look very similar to the pics you posted there are slight differences. Maybe if you give the exact measurements I can check and get a better idea as to whether they are the same.

They are almost exactly 7.25" long and just less than one inch high, though the height probably is standard to the screw holes.

The rails I have are 5 1/8" long and just less than 1" high. So they're slightly over 2" shorter.

I think they would still work in my system even if they are too short to catch the rear latch, so long as they sit in the rail guides well enough. How many of them do you have?

Back