• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking for diskette that came with Windows for Workgroups 3.11 Resource Kit

ssybesma

Yep, if you can find that one, let me know. A copy of it will do for now until I can get the real thing.

Thanks,

Steve

Yep, if you can find that one, let me know. A copy of it will do for now until I can get the real thing.

I just have the 3.1 version. It's on a 1.2Mb 5-1/4", but that isn't too much of a problem to convert around here. Any particular portion you are looking for (and is it perhaps online already?)?

thanks for your help

thanks for your help

I just have the 3.1 version. It's on a 1.2Mb 5-1/4", but that isn't too much of a problem to convert around here. Any particular portion you are looking for (and is it perhaps online already?)?

OK, that's light years closer than what I have now. I'd be very grateful to get a copy of that until I can find a legit copy. Having trouble finding that also. Looking on Ebay frequently.

I can't find the the WfW 3.11 RK or even the WfW 3.1 RK online anywhere. I've looked high and low. I can find documentation in a few places though and I can find the regular Windows 3.1 RK which is a different animal, but I'm after all the tools and utilities on the one WfW RK disk.

Hoping to get the whole disk in a zip file to get me by for now.

Thanks, Steve

you can e-mail to steve...at...vwebr...dot...net

I have a copy of 3.11 on 8 3.5" disks, is it one of those or separate?

I have WfW (the OS not the RK) on 8 disks also.

What I'm talking about is the one disk that came with the book called "Windows for Workgroups 3.11 Resource Kit"

There was also a WfW 3.1 RK and that's what the other guy apparently has.

Is this the version that supports 32-bit networking? What is the part number? I have an unopened copy p/n 56944

I would not happen to know the part number. It's just one 1.44MB disk.

Does the disk say Windows for Workgroups Resource Kit or something similar? It has to say "Resource Kit" on it or that's not it.

If it's what I'm looking for and you don't happen to want it, I'd be interested in purchasing it from you.

Otherwise, a zipped copy would be great for the time being.

I can return the favor by sharing something from my substantial collection of OSes and utilities.

Last edited:
...There was also a WfW 3.1 RK and that's what the other guy apparently has.

Sorry, this thread slipped by me for a time (and a few others too, with being busy). The RK (book and diskette, bought new off the shelf back when) is for the plain vanilla version of Windows 3.1. Probably next to nothing in regards to networking (I can only remember a few utilities, and haven't looked at the diskette recently), but things like the TCP/IP stack for WfW should still be online (I saw it a few months back).

I'll pull it up & ZIP it...

I've got Windows for Work Groups. Um... what is the "resource kit"? Oh well. I'll see if I can make disk images and email them to ya.

Last edited:
has to be Windows for Workgroups 3.11 RK, not Windows 3.1 RK

has to be Windows for Workgroups 3.11 RK, not Windows 3.1 RK

Sorry, this thread slipped by me for a time (and a few others too, with being busy). The RK (book and diskette, bought new off the shelf back when) is for the plain vanilla version of Windows 3.1. Probably next to nothing in regards to networking (I can only remember a few utilities, and haven't looked at the diskette recently), but things like the TCP/IP stack for WfW should still be online (I saw it a few months back).

I'll pull it up & ZIP it...

I already have the RK for plain Windows 3.1

What I'm after is the RK for "Windows for Workgroups" specifically.

Has to say "Windows for Workgroups" on it. If it doesn't, it's not what I'm looking for.

Thanks,

Steve

I've got Windows for Work Groups. Um... what is the "resource kit"? Oh well. I'll see if I can make disk images and email them to ya.

The resource kit is an add-on if you will. There was one diskette that came with the book.

It's called simply: "Windows for Workgroups 3.11 Resource Kit"

If it doesn't have that exactly on it, that's not what I'm looking for.

Yes I knew that when I posted, but if you read further I gave an email of someone who had your same problem and got it solved, so he may be able to help you.

Back