• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Northern Europe Looking for drivers and software for a 3Com Etherlink III PCI NIC.

Covers: Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Ireland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and Iceland
IF its a Genius LAN then based on pictures of them on ebay they have RTL8029AS chips, 3Com Drivers will not work on those. 3Com used their own custom chips. That being said Finding Realtek drivers for your card should be just as easy.

What a coincidence! I just logged on for the first time in many months, and just happened upon some 3Com disks in my piles of junk.

They're 3½" floppies for EtherLink III ISA card (model 3C509B). hey're labeled "EtherDisk".

One is NetWare, LAN Server, LANtastic drivers. The other is Windows 95 and Windows NT drivers, and 3Com NIC Installation Wizard and Diagnostics.

I have no idea if they're still readable.

What a coincidence! I just logged on for the first time in many months, and just happened upon some 3Com disks in my piles of junk.

They're 3½" floppies for EtherLink III ISA card (model 3C509B). hey're labeled "EtherDisk".

One is NetWare, LAN Server, LANtastic drivers. The other is Windows 95 and Windows NT drivers, and 3Com NIC Installation Wizard and Diagnostics.

I have no idea if they're still readable.
The drivers would have been different for the pci (32bit) model which was a 3C905, not the 3C509B isa (16bit) version. Either of which are probably on the internet archive. But the OP has a 'compatible' card from a different vendor who likely has different drivers anyway.

Back