• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking for EISA configuration utility - DEC Prioris MTE

Chuckster_in_Jax

Veteran Member
I've been searching for the EISA configuration utility for a DEC Prioris MTE. Can't find it anywhere. All I see is the EISA utility for an Alpha 150 AXP.
The DEC manual refer to it as the SCU - System Configuration utility.

The model of my computer is PCT73
Motherboard has a tag - TA436F0146
PhoenixBIOS E486 Rev 1.00

Does anyone know of a repository for EISA files?

Google ECU (EISA configuration utility). The ECU utility isn't specific to any machine, but the drivers you need are. Once you run the ECU utility it will try to configure your system and tell you which files it needs. All the files start with a ! and end with .cfg. !ASU4001.CFG for example is the setup file for an Asus 486 EISA motherboard. You will also need drivers for each EISA card. Once the ECU program tells you what files you need you can search for them on the net or ask here. Most EISA systems store the ECU config to battery backed RAM (usually a DALLAS RTC chip) and that will need to be replaced if the battery is dead.

Here is one from Gateway: ftp.gateway.com/pub/hardware_support/servers/partners/legacy/eisa/ecu214.exe

Pheonix BIOS machines usually used the ECU provided in the file above, so no problems regardless. Finding the motherboard's .cfg file is usually the tough part.

Pheonix BIOS machines usually used the ECU provided in the file above, so no problems regardless. Finding the motherboard's .cfg file is usually the tough part.

I tried the ecu214.exe file mentioned above, but it didn't say what the .cfg filename was for the motherboard.

I lucked out though. The old drive in the computer had an EISA directory with the EISA configuration utility and files needed to generate the 3.5" bootable floppy. The DEC utility was indeed the same as the ecu214.exe mentioned above, but it has the MoBo .cfg files in it I needed.

I uploaded the file to DriverGuide.com if anyone needs it. The filename is EGT7101A.exe

Back