• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking for Information on Repairing a C128 Keyboard

If you haven't already fixed your keyboard, here's a web page that shows how to take it apart: Commodore 128 Repair - Part 2 Keyboard

Be extremely careful when pulling the key-caps from the plungers, the tops of those plungers can break off fairly easy.

Once you get all the parts removed from the keyboard frame wash all the plastic parts in warm soapy water (including the frame) then let them completely dry before reassembly.

When cleaning the contacts on the PCB don't scrub too hard or you'll scrub away the carbon coating, then you'll have another problem.

Just be careful not to lose any screws or parts, and use the pictures on that page for reference when you put the keys back into the frame.

If you haven't already fixed your keyboard, here's a web page that shows how to take it apart: Commodore 128 Repair - Part 2 Keyboard

<< SNIP >>

Thank You for the Link. I would guess that the Springs are missing, so the Keys won't return to the Up Position...

Also Thank You for the Good Advice.. I have never dissembled any of my Commodore Keyboards...

MarkO

Back