• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Looking for ISA Video Card with Headland HT205 or G2 GC205 Video Chip

sreaves

Hello,

I am looking for a Video card (Probably ISA, Probably made by Video7) that has either the Headland Technology HT205 or the G2 GC205. These are the only ones that will work in my application. Card must be good or known to be good when last used.

Pictures of the chip types and a sample cards are attached.

Thank you,

Sam
W3OHM
Stephens City VA 22655 USA

gc205fb.jpgheadland_1024i.jpght205.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Sam, Welcome to the forum.

You might wish to include your location, this is a world-wide forum.

edit: Nothing with that chipset in my stuff.

Last edited:
Hi
I looked through my ISA VGA boards and no luck. May I ask why you need such a specific chipset? What is the application?

Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

Hi
I looked through my ISA VGA boards and no luck. May I ask why you need such a specific chipset? What is the application?

Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

Hi Andrew.

Thanks for looking. I have a piece of 90's vintage equipment that has a custom EGA card that plugs into a Eurobus style connector. It can use either of these two chips and I have searched for just the chips and no vendor has them anymore.

So my next step is to find one of the cards made by Video7 and perhaps others that has one of the chips and rob the chip from the card. If someone is a collector of the card and really does not care if it is working I could just populate it with my bad chip and it will look the same. Although I really don't know why some one would collect VGA cards.

Sam

Hi, Sam -

I may have one of these. I have an ITT Xtra that somebody stuck one in an 8-bit slot. It worked sometimes, but usually ended up flashing white text on the screen. I remember replacing it with an 8-bit VGA card, but don't remember what I did with the one with the Headlands chip. It may take a few days, but I'll do some digging out in the garage later this week.

Jim

Hi, Sam -

I may have one of these. I have an ITT Xtra that somebody stuck one in an 8-bit slot. It worked sometimes, but usually ended up flashing white text on the screen. I remember replacing it with an 8-bit VGA card, but don't remember what I did with the one with the Headlands chip. It may take a few days, but I'll do some digging out in the garage later this week.

Jim

Wow thanks Jim that would be great.

73's

Sam
W3OHM

Sam -

Well, good news / bad news. I did finally find the video card with the Headland chip. Unfortunately, its a different chip - an HT208, not an HT205. Will this still work for you?

The EPROM has a legend, "Copyright Zenith Data Systems", so it looks like it originally came out of a Heath/Zenith desktop.

Jim
101_0629.jpg 101_0630.jpg

Hi Jim,

I am not sure as I do not have a data sheet for that version of the headland chip. However I am willing to try it. 160pin QFP parts are a bear to remove and resolder but considering at the moment I have no alternatives.

I have to do some more looking to find out what the difference was between these two chips.

Sam

Back