• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking for Model 4 Service Manual

grumpyx

Experienced Member
Any one have a pdf or link to the Model 4 Service Manual for the 26-1067/8/9? or a manual I could purchase?

Malcom

This should be what you're looking for:
https://computerarchive.org/files/c...nce Manual (1983)(Tandy Corporation)(pdf).pdf

Despite the very similar name, it's actually different to the one Chuckster_in_Jax posted. Although this one is also the Technical Reference Manual rather than the Service Manual, the ToC of this one is near identical to your Service Manual ToC. Even has the same page numbers.

I had the non-GA service manual, and I still have a paper copy of the above linked TRM. Thanks for the link, by the way, as I had not seen that one in any of the archives before (lots of copies of the other, schematic-less, one out there). I can say with a very high degree of certainty that there is no difference between the hardware section of the old 8.5x11 brown-binder (as opposed to the smaller-format tan binder) 'Model 4 Technical Reference Manual' and the contents of the original non-GA Service Manual. They have identical information; the original TRM has full schematics of the non-GA board. Kelly has the service manual that I had, and he and I both looked it over to see if there was any information in it that was not in the old TRM. We didn't find any differences.

Now the Gate Array version of the service manual (26-1067/8/9 and 26-1067/8/9A) is different, and has much more information on the Gate Array machines in addition to the existing information on the non-GA machines. I had a copy of this one, too, but included it with my old Model 4D when I sold it back in 1992. Most of what you need is in the 4P non-GA/GA combined SM, but there are some desktop-specific items for which you need that GA's service manual. There have been several folks over the years who promised to scan their copy, but none have delivered as yet.

EDIT: oh, and by the way, that cover and TOC PDF posted above is the one I scanned and posted to the TRS-80 yahoo list in January 2014. So that is from the one I had. The scanner I had did not do a good job on the mixed 85.x11 and 11x17 pages; the scans beyond the ToC were pretty useless.

Last edited:
Back