• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Mid Atlantic Looking for parts for an IBM M4-1 in black (mouse buttons)

Covers: New York, Pensylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC.

thefox1980

Experienced Member
I am looking to restore a black IBM M4-1 that is missing its mouse buttons. If anyone has these to spare either as loose or part of a damaged keyboard, please reach out. Thanks!

Look like the same on my old thinkpads. Can you measure the openings, I might have the buttons you need.

One last question, do the buttons pull out to lock? Thinking those look like the buttons on a thinkpad 380/760. Which would make sense , those machines came out in 95/96 and pretty sure that keyboard is not far after. Let me know ill pull out the spare keyboards and pull them out and see if they will work.

Ok so went to go look and they look different. Thinkpad 755s buttons may work as they dont pull out to lock.

shark_84G2524_unicomp_mouse_btns.jpg

Hi twolazy! You found the right pic. I took a look at some of the thinkpad styles and don't see any that are identical. I think I will add dimensions anyway since finding any buttons that might work would be helpful. Assume actual replacements will be harder to find.

Think I have a 365 keyboard, I'll try to dig it out tomorrow for you and we can see if it'll work.

Back