• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking for PDP-8/E Floating Point Packages

compuser

I have found the source code for DEC-8E-NEAEA-A, the 23-bit EAE version, on David Gesswein's site at <http://www.pdp8online.com/pdp8cgi/o...e;fn=images/jby/putr.tu56;blk=35,98,0;to=auto>. Fortunately, this is the one described in the 1972 edition of DEC's "Introduction to Progarmming." After fixing a line wrapped comment, it assembles without error and works as described.

I would like to find DEC-8E-NFPPA-A, the 23-bit non-EAE package, and DEC-8E-NFPEA-A, the 27-bit package, but am having no success. Anyone have these or know where they are?

The FPP manuals I have found on-line are all for older versions and are no help.

I have found the source code for DEC-8E-NEAEA-A, the 23-bit EAE version, on David Gesswein's site at <http://www.pdp8online.com/pdp8cgi/o...e;fn=images/jby/putr.tu56;blk=35,98,0;to=auto>. Fortunately, this is the one described in the 1972 edition of DEC's "Introduction to Progarmming." After fixing a line wrapped comment, it assembles without error and works as described.

I would like to find DEC-8E-NFPPA-A, the 23-bit non-EAE package, and DEC-8E-NFPEA-A, the 27-bit package, but am having no success. Anyone have these or know where they are?

The FPP manuals I have found on-line are all for older versions and are no help.
I have verified the dec-08-nfppa and dec-08-nfpea directories on my website:

The latter I had to copy in from the CJL archives, then fix the typos and verify that it built the correct binary. (Looks like Lasner retyped them from the listing, but didn't get it to build.)

Are there different versions specific to the 8/E?

Vince

Thanks for the help. I don't know how I missed finding those on your website, as I have found things there before.

Somehow I originally misread all of the name prefixes as dec-8e- instead of dec-08-. The EAE version is dec-8e-, probably because it is using mode B of the EAE, which doesn't exist on earlier models. Presumably the non-EAE versions will work on all models, so didn't get a different name.

Now that I know where to look, I found that you also have the "dec-8e-neaea" EAE version, but apparently only the paper tape binary. Might be worth adding the above-mentioned source code file.

Now that I know where to look, I found that you also have the "dec-8e-neaea" EAE version, but apparently only the paper tape binary. Might be worth adding the above-mentioned source code file.
I checked that it builds the original binary, and then added the source file as suggested.

I've been finding there are files that I have, but somehow they've not made it to the archive. I wrote a tool to identify such cases (runs for an hour and a half; I have a lot of files), and as a result I've also been murking about with the FOCAL patches and various other whatnot that has a part number, and I have stuff related to that part number, but somehow the stuff isn't in the right directory with the right name in pdp8/src/dec.

Thanks!

Back