• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking for schemas for IBM 5364 Driver Card or card itself

detscadosu24

Hello,
I just got an IBM 5364, but I need to find the schemas for the driver cards to put in a PC. A card for sale would also be good, as long as it does not cost a fortune. In which "Technical Reference" do I find the card's schemas?
I also need an image of SSP's diskette.
Thank you!
Matteo

Last edited:
As it happens I just started tracing my card yesterday. I’m probably about 1/10 done. I hope to have it done by the end of the upcoming weekend

Chris

SSP images are around. Can you cope with digital images (in ImageDisk format) to write yourself or do you need diskettes made?

I finished faster than expected. Keep in mind that the symbols in the KiCad project aren’t always the exact same part as the real board (I.e “LS” where it should be “S”)
Thank you! :D This will be really useful. Are you planning on manufacturing a batch of those cards?

Someone on the classiccmp discord is working on laying out a board right now. I’ll update my repo with his work when he’s ready.
Are you interested in pictures of my board for the 5364? I could send you a couple of pictures so you can draw that too in case someone needs it. I would need to confirm it works before I send you the material though. Let me know.

The receiver card? I don’t see a compelling reason to make a schematic for that one preemptively. They don’t get separated from the units like the pc side card frequently does

That PCB is nowhere near done. There are hundreds of clearance issues still to resolve and I haven’t even come close to verifying the footprints and placement of the edge connector or the cable connector. I’ve been working on it slowly over time but if you’ve cabbed a PCB from that repo I would be very surprised if it worked at all

damn, yeah I did order it and the holes of the edge connector are spaced 2.0 mm in the x axis, it should be 0.1 inch. Well I guess I just wasted money. I will wait for the finished project. Thanks

Back