• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Looking for Someone to Fix my TRS-80 and Coleco Adam

Dubis7

Experienced Member
Anyone near Washington DC/on the East Coast United States do this? Technically I can ship, but the closer the better.

I've got a Model 1 (Level 1) TRS-80 that needs some work. One of the keys is bad (I have a parts keyboard to pull from), the keyboard cable could probably use replacing, and it outputs garbled video. Sounds like a common problem, but I'm no expert in digital computer repairs.

My Coleco Adam has an issue with power. I know the printer circuit boards are known for having problems, but I think mine is related to the main console. I have two data drives in it, and the power light will only come on when both are disconnected. One drive was professionally rebuilt, and I've never had a chance to test the other but I know they're known failure points. Ideally I'd like to find someone who already has a setup so I don't have to ship all the pieces, but I do have a loose printer motherboard that I believe works that I could send in if need be.

Thanks in advance!

Back