• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking latest BIOS to emachines etower 667ix computer with Cognac 20000731 Motherboard

JTK68

Hi everyone.
I have a emahines etower 667ix Desktop computer with Cognac 20000731 Motherboard.
I wanted to upgrade this computer CPU and I'm searching for a latest BIOS ( year 2001 ) or BIOS Mod for this machine support Tualatin CPU´s.
It is an i810 chipset and the motherboard supports Intel Pentium and Coppermine processors. I got an modded ( adapter change Tulaltin CPU(FC-PGA2) interface to Coppermine CPU(FC-PGA) interface ) 1300 celeron CPU for this computer and it perfectly fitted into socket.
I tried to run computer that Tualatin it´s boots but when windows start´s it´s hangs ( black screen only cursor "flashing"....

Specs :
PC : emahines etower 667ix
Motherboard : Cognac 20000731
Current Processor : Intel celeron 667GHz (I wanted to put intel Celeron 1,3Ghz Tualatin )
RAM : 512mb sdram
Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce 5500 PCI
Storage : 40GB Hard disk

First picture is CPUZ motherboard info and second is Tualatin installed BIOS ( Tualatin 1300 does not recognize correctly, names it Pentium Pro ).

Attachments

• CPUZ.jpg
    CPUZ.jpg
    872.3 KB · Views: 9
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 9
And.. this machine is "never obsolete " * lol * 😄

Attachments

• IMG_1084.jpg
    IMG_1084.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 4
Here's the original product page for the tower:

Motherboard was made by TriGem:

Potential BIOS releases:

Caveat Emptor, there be dragons. Flashing random BIOS images on your board from the web can brick the motherboard. Make sure you dump your ROM, preferably using an EEPROM programmer to have a backup before doing any BIOS modifications. Since TriGem sold this board under dozens of different names and different hardware configurations, these BIOS images are not guaranteed to work properly, or at all.

There were five versions of the i810, and only the last variant (i810E2) supported Tualatin processors. The i810 on your motherboard is the i810-DC100, which only supports Katmai and Coppermine PIII/Celerons. Even if you somehow decompiled the BIOS and added the microcode for the Tualatin and managed to recompile it properly, it probably wouldn't work right.

I would recommend just throwing the fastest supported Coppermine in it if you want to upgrade it, and call it a day. It might take a 1 GHz part, which were fairly common and still cheap.

Those systems were cheap turds back when they were new. The i810 was a really terrible chipset, Intel didn't want the consumer having anything good, which is why they killed off their 440BX.

Ok, many thanks all info!!!
Motherboard info : Cognac 20000731 rev. G ?
Here is picture of mb..

Attachments

• s-l1600 (4).jpg
    s-l1600 (4).jpg
    333.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
That's one of the many versions of the Cognac board. Some have 2 PCI slots, some have 3, some have the AMR slot, some don't.

Again, the BIOS images in the above link aren't guaranteed to work, so backup your existing BIOS. The BIOS chip is that 32 pin PLCC chip under the south bridge with the yellow sticker on it. It's probably an LPC EEPROM.

The updates on link above are for HP Pavilions. Here's BIOS for your Cognac.

Attachments

• CognacPhoenixBios3.079-17-01.zip
    310.9 KB · Views: 4
Back