• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking to give away two Compaq Portable III models (non-working), must pick up

mark66j

Experienced Member
I have had these two machines lying around for a while now and am sure I won't have time to try to fix them.

I believe the gas plasma displays in both of them are dead. One of them shows some hint of output (when I first got it, I believe it actually did display a boot message, but I can't read it now). The other display shows nothing.

Both machines do a POST and floppy seek on power up, so it is possible the display is the only problem, but I have no way of knowing. One of them has a 5.25 drive, the other a 3.5. No idea on memory, etc., but from reading I believe they are 286-based.

If someone in the Boston area is willing to pick these machines up and would find them useful for parts, etc., I really need to get rid of them (to make room for more junk!). Local pickup only, I just don't have time to pack them properly.

Please PM me if you are interested.

Tempting, but I shouldn't be getting more machines (right now) and it is quite a drive. Someone closer to you is about to be a very happy person, though. :D

Too bad the displays are messed up...I've got one with a shattered display from shipping!

Back