• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Luggable keyboard riser foot

kishy

Veteran Member
This is a long shot...maybe the longest shot...

My luggable 286, a Scantech LCD-286, but it's a generic chassis, not specific to any one brand, is missing a keyboard riser foot. Most likely a previous owner tried to remove it for some reason, and broke it, as you cannot remove them without opening the keyboard completely. There is an "axle" pin you have to pull out from the inside to let them come out. I only need the foot, the pin is intact and present.

Please study the photos here, and let me know if you think you have this in some sort of spare parts stash: https://imgur.com/a/axmzW

IMC Traveler 286 is the same (chassis and I suspect a good amount of the internals, but LCD differs) but is a different colour. Dolch 286-Pack, and 386, looks to be the same as well, in a closer or same colour to what I need. Other models certainly share the part too.

Last edited:
That could easily be made with a 3D printer.

I made a foot for a Dell keyboard of mine that broke after a roll of 35mm film fell on it.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2736436

I've actually been looking into this locally, after making the post. The local libraries have 3D printing available at $0.50/hr, you just need to bring in a 3D model (file) of the item to print.

I'm going to explore making that and see what I can come up with, and if I can come up with something functional, I'll definitely post it up.

Last edited:
50¢ an hour? I wonder if they realise what their costs are?

Given that public libraries are tax-funded, I'm paying for it whether I use it or not...and I'm quite glad to contribute to making the technology available to the masses.

Truthfully I didn't know how far into the tech realm they had stepped; they're staying quite relevant. They seem to offer Arduino classes too. Cool stuff.

Being Canadia, it's none of my business. But were it here, I'd be irate.

I wouldn't mind a little bit of subsidy, but 50¢/hr for the user to exploit is obscene.

Being Canadia, it's none of my business. But were it here, I'd be irate.

I wouldn't mind a little bit of subsidy, but 50¢/hr for the user to exploit is obscene.

Looks like I misread, it's $0.50/half hour, so $1/hr (probably rounding up to the next half hour). Doesn't make it dramatically better, but since historically libraries have existed to spread knowledge and given that a library membership itself is tax-funded, I'm pleased to see this. Keeping libraries relevant in the modern tech age is a challenge. If a kid who maybe doesn't come from a family with a budget for this type of stuff can be inspired to get into some sort of drafting/design field by this type of program, then it's doing its job.

A buddy of mine who works in 3D modeling (he works in VR) has offered to help with that end of things, so maybe something cool will happen here.

In the meantime, of course, if my unobtainium keyboard foot shows up in someone's junk drawer please let me know.

Back