• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Mac Quadra dongle mystery

Back in 1994 sure, but now no. I have a few Mac ADB dongles and they are hard to find, but today they are just for collectors and not worth that much. Recently I got 4 or 5 dongles for Quark 4.0 (desktop publishing), but I don't think they are worth much since the program itself has been hacked and can be found on the net easily enough (I do own the boxed 4.0 but didn't have the dongles untill recently).

I am looking for some AVID dongles if anybody runs into those (worthless without the specialty capture hardware anyway).

If you don't have use of CAD-CAM software, isn't the dongle worth zero even if you get access to the software? Or was the idea that once the company had mailed the disks, he could go out and sell the whole package second hand? While the software probably was utterly expensive to buy, given the prerequisite that you can't sell it second hand, the loss for the company was about the cost for a few floppy disks and an hour of work. They had already at one point sold the software to the previous owner, and the new one wasn't likely to buy it anyway.

Back