• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Macintosh Plus, 4MB RAM + Keyboard/Mouse

kvanderlaag

Experienced Member
Up for grabs is my trusty Mac Plus. It runs quite happily with 4MB of RAM, and I've got a set of System 6.0.5 disks (copies) for it. It boots quite nicely, floppy drive works like a champ, and the display is good and crisp, no burn in, though it could probably use an adjustment for positioning. I've got some photos attached. Comes with Keyboard, Mouse, System Disks (The four-floppy set of 6.0.5), a disk with MacWrite/MacPaint on it, and a spare 800K formatted floppy for data. It's yellowed, but that's the only cosmetic issue it has aside from some adhesive residue. A cleaning and some RetroBright would do this thing wonders.

Sold! (For the princely sum of $40)

set.jpg

unit.jpg

running.jpg

keyboardmouse.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a very clean machine for its age. I don't need another Plus but I hope it finds a good home.

I'd hope maybe you can get a local buyer, however -- shipping on these compact Macs is high enough that I don't think most people can get much of a price if they have to ship across the country, for example.

Looking for someone to take it locally, but most people around here seem to think that anything more than a year or two old is junk.

I know shipping is quite a pain regarding these things, so please, if anyone would like to give this little Plus a good home, feel free to make me an offer you're comfortable with and I'll figure out how much it's going to cost to ship.

Back