• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

The South MAI Basic Four Terminal (7250) for Parts (No CRT, case or keyboard)

Covers: Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and West Viriginia.
Delivery Options
In Country Shipping or Local Pickup
I recently rescued what appears to be most of a MAI Basic Four Terminal (model 7250, ~1980) from the local e-waste. The parts had been tossed loosely into a box, but they included the power supply, main board, CRT board and CRT. After a bit of testing, I found the power supply works perfectly. The main board looks to be powering on to a stable state and sending a signal to the CRT board. All the components on the CRT board test good, but alas the CRT is dead as a door nail, even after testing and cleaning it on my B&K CRT analyzer. You can even see the significant burn in on the display.

The chances of me stumbling across another of these CRTs is pretty slim, so if anyone would like the service manual, power supply, main board and CRT board, or any combination of parts, shoot me a message. I'll pack everything up and put it in storage for the time being.

-- David

Attachments

• MAI_basic_four-01.jpg
    MAI_basic_four-01.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
  • MAI_basic_four-02.jpg
    MAI_basic_four-02.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
  • MAI_basic_four-03.jpg
    MAI_basic_four-03.jpg
    781.3 KB · Views: 9
  • MAI_basic_four-04.jpg
    MAI_basic_four-04.jpg
    488.2 KB · Views: 9
  • MAI_basic_four-05.jpg
    MAI_basic_four-05.jpg
    1,019.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Reactions: btb
This looks to me just like the 7250 I have. All discrete logic. The 7270 uses a Z80 or something as I recall.

Back