• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Making art with Amiga

ppo

Experienced Member
Has anyone here had any experience with this?

I'm trying to animate with Deluxe Paint, but I can't save my animations.

When I'm using the program I need the program's diskette and to save something I need a diskette also.

If I remove the program's diskette I'll lose all my work.

What shall I do? (I'm still new to the Amiga)

No, you can safely remove the program disk and insert a different (formatted) floppy to save your work to.

Additionally, you might find a cheap external floppy drive which will become DF1. It will make your Amiga much more useful for productive work.

No, you can safely remove the program disk and insert a different (formatted) floppy to save your work to.

Thanks, but I've already deleted the animation.

I really thought the work was going to be erased.

Additionally, you might find a cheap external floppy drive which will become DF1. It will make your Amiga much more useful for productive work.
Yes, definitely worth the investment. Even better, you may be able to pick up a hard disk. Even a few tens of megabytes go a long way on an Amiga.

Yes, definitely worth the investment. Even better, you may be able to pick up a hard disk. Even a few tens of megabytes go a long way on an Amiga.

I could use an external HD with a Usb to Pcmcia adapter, right?

I could use an external HD with a Usb to Pcmcia adapter, right?
Which model Amiga do you have? PCMCIA would suggest A600/A1200, both of which have internal IDE connectors and can therefore take 2.5" drives.

His signature says Amiga 600, so I suppose that is the one he is using. The mention of 2.5" hard drives is nice. While onto that topic, he could just as well get an el-cheapo IDE to CF adapter and a small CF card, although the latter tend to be a bit on the expensive side compared to which capacity you get out from it. On the positive side is it will be silent and possibly consume less power.

Actually I'm not sure to which degree the Amiga has support for USB to PCMCIA adapters, even if you look for 3rd party drivers. I know about a CF disk device that will let you use a PCMCIA CF adapter, but that solution is mostly good for data transfer since you can't make the CF card bootable through the PCMCIA adapter.

Thanks for all the help and yes, it is an Amiga 600.

Back