• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Manuals or other primary source docs concerning smaller-than-3.5 floppy drives/formats

oktology

Experienced Member
I'm trying to fill out Wikipedia's list of floppy formats, and finding hard information on any of the many failed/unpopular small floppy formats--the Video Floppy, the LT-1, the QuickDisk, the 3-1/4" floppy--is proving to be a real bear.

Wikipedia only accepts primary sources for information, IE, manufacturer publications, interviews with people directly involved in development, etc. There's bits and pieces on various websites and in various magazines, but that's all hearsay without primary sources.

Halp pls!

Don't know if I have any dox, but I have the drives and media for the 3¼" floppies as well as the 2.8" QuickDisk/Data Disk. I guess that doesn't count as a source... :(

The Computer History Museum has a Tabor OEM manual. I don't know of any easy to get access to it though.
It seems wrong to me somehow for the CHM to have so many documents that are just sitting in an archive somewhere, not doing anyone any good.

Back