• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Mega STE Keyboard and mouse

Platamoose

I recently acquired a Mega STE with everything but a keyboard and mouse. I am having the hardest time finding a keyboard and mouse and was wondering if anyone knew of a way to adapt other easier to find ps/2, AT or even USB to the Mega STE's RJ11 type input, or where I can find compatible keyboards and mice. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks all!

Platamoose

Well, after much sleuthing I found out that the wiring of the Atari Mega STe is that of a RJ12, so I found an RJ12 to DB9 adapter and then I found a DB9 to PS/2 adapter. Now I just need to find out if I need a data RJ12 cable or a voice because the wiring is reversed between the two.

Maverick1978

Veteran Member
Check out some of the Amiga to PS/2 or USB mouse converters. Many support the ST as well. As for the keyboard... good luck! I'm not sure about alternatives for that one...

Platamoose

The Mega Ste sure does have a unique keyboard connection. At first I thought it was same as the old Mac but then I realized thats 4p4c RJ11 while the Mega Ste is 6p6c rj12. I hope my little adapter works, if not, I won't be out much. I read that its possible to use a serial mouse with the Mega STe, does anyone know if you need to load drivers?

Maverick1978

Veteran Member
Oh wow, that's right... Mega STe :) I'm thinking ST/STf/STfm/STe... So the Amiga mouse adapters won't work :( sorry about that - didn't read carefully enough