• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

MetaWatch programming

ScottC1977

I have a Metawatch Analog which I would like to get working, I have rom required (AnalogWatch.d43) and I have also downloaded from the internet archive the program to flash it with.
I have ordered an MSP 430 Programmer to try and do this as I don't have the programmer clip (two types of clip were available - one for just charging and one that contained the msp430 emulator)
What i think will work is something similar to the diagram below but i need to connect the programmer to a micro usb that plugs into the watch and as I am not that technically minded i was wondering if someone would know which wires to go and where (Imagine the MSP430Fxxx box on the right is the watch):
1671785388241.png

Finally received my programmer and now I found the pinout of the watch in the depths of the internet archive:

Connector​

The watch can be charged and programmed with a four-position connector on the back-side. From top to buttom the pins are

• TEST - the two wire debug interface
  • + - anode of the charger
  • - - cathode of the charger
  • RST - !reset, the second wire of the two wire debug interface

Finally got this to program - i had a look in the cd that came with the Chinese clone of the FET-430 Emulator, I had to basically discard the above circuit and wire it directly
Though it programmed ok (Various software like Code Composer Studio even picked up the correct processor) - the watch is still lifeless, so maybe there is something else to do (Or wrong) with the watch. The analog hand do intermittently move so there is some life somewhere. Maybe I need to put the app on my phone to kickstart it but the instructions do say it should spring into life once programmed...

Back