• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Micom 2000 - R.I.P. Lawrence

Druid6900

Veteran Member
It is my sad duty to inform you that Lawrence Walker A.K.A. Micom 2000 passed away on 11/19/2018 after a short illness.

Lawrence will be know for his vast knowledge of all things computer and was the venerable "Grandfather" of old computer equipment.

Although he hasn't been around lately, he will be, no doubt, remembered by numerous people here, both young and old.

A valuable asset and, to me, a good friend, has been lost to the mists of time, the same mists that he sought to pull old, interesting computer equipment from.

Goodbye, Lawrence, you will be missed.....

It is my sad duty to inform you that Lawrence Walker A.K.A. Micom 2000 passed away on 11/19/2018 after a short illness.

Lawrence will be know for his vast knowledge of all things computer and was the venerable "Grandfather" of old computer equipment.

Although he hasn't been around lately, he will be, no doubt, remembered by numerous people here, both young and old.

A valuable asset and, to me, a good friend, has been lost to the mists of time, the same mists that he sought to pull old, interesting computer equipment from.

Goodbye, Lawrence, you will be missed.....

Not unexpected, but very sorry to hear it nevertheless...

Same here.

For a while I was helping him and his group of Grid enthusiasts figure out how to replace their dead hard drives with other models. (It needed BIOS changes because the BIOS was locked a set of specific models.) I always enjoyed the conversations.

Mike

Back