• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Micom 2001/Philips P5003

morpheus256

So i just picked one of these beasts up, Now to figure out how to use it!

972683k_20.jpeg

164126_20.jpeg

The main box turns on, but i cant figure out how to get the console to turn on. fans spin up, and it beeps. does anyone have any experience with these, or documentation, I've found bits an pieces online that indicate it's a "word processor" but I've also heard it runs CP/M.

but i cant figure out how to get the console to turn on. fans spin up, and it beeps.
By that, do you mean, "fans spin up, and it beeps, but no cursor" ?
The single beep is a good sign. Most terminals of that period sound a beep at the end of the Power On Self Test.
If no cursor, are there brightness/contrast controls somewhere on the unit?

I should have been more specific. the main box powers up, fans spin, and it beeps, but there is no sign of high voltage on the console. I also couldn't find a power switch on it, i thought it Might switch on with the main computer.

Blown fuse? Stuck power relay?
From I'm getting out of your words, the main box has its own 120v power cable and the terminal also has its own 120v power cable and assuming that the data connection between the terminal and the system is not regular serial or something to the likes that is a standard, the terminal powers up when the system is powered on by means of a remote control line.

I would come over to help but I can't afford the day trip right now.

Edit: That burn-in is fantastic.

Back