• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Micom2000's Computer Collection Inventory

Druid6900

Veteran Member
As stated in this thread http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthread.php?64519-My-Personal-Workshop , we have acquired this collection from the estate and it is currently in our (new) processing workshop.

I thought people might want to know what is going to be available.

So far, this combined inventory (from 2 posts, so, there is a small bit of overlap) checks out right down the line. However, there is a ton of stuff (literally) that doesn't show up on it.

View attachment MicomList.txt

"Estate" ...

Oh well. I corresponded a bit with Lawrence over the years. I'm sorry to hear this news.

Mike,

As it says in the referenced thread, he's not dead, he just is in a home where he is alive and well, and, according to the Public Trustee, raising a little hell :)

He also mentioned that he owes you one of those Grid laptops for all the work you did for the system.....

Phew!

Thanks for responding so quickly!

(/me channels Monty Python: "I'm not dead yet ... I'm feeling better!")

Just some more pictures of the stuff we've been pulling off the skids, one layer at a time. These pictures cover about 1/2 skid at that point in time.

The big problem is that, while the company that picked up all this stuff did an excellent job of rounding it all up and getting it back to Winnipeg, they didn't know what went with what. We have to pick a computer and then look through a bunch of boxes for power supplies, video cables, drive cables, etc. to get one system set up to test. With me and 3 other techs working there, we were tripping over skid, each other, the stuff that was there previous to these 10 skids showing up, so, now it's me and one other tech, each working one bench and it's going much more smoothly now, just more slowly. Most of the stuff in the pictures (sorry that some are blurry, but, we can't get far enough away from the items to get sharp pictures) has already been tested and or repaired.
We are buying surface cleaner by the barrel LOL.

Attachments

• PICT0001.jpg
    PICT0001.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1
  • PICT0002.jpg
    PICT0002.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1
  • PICT0003.jpg
    PICT0003.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 1
  • PICT0004.jpg
    PICT0004.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 1
  • PICT0005.jpg
    PICT0005.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1
  • PICT0006.jpg
    PICT0006.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 1
  • PICT0007.jpg
    PICT0007.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1
  • PICT0008.jpg
    PICT0008.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 1
  • PICT0009.jpg
    PICT0009.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 1
  • PICT0010.jpg
    PICT0010.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1
  • PICT0011.jpg
    PICT0011.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 1
  • PICT0012.jpg
    PICT0012.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 1
  • PICT0013.jpg
    PICT0013.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 1
Boy, if I'd known you had that much room I could have brought you much more than I did... ;-)

Looks like some good stuff in there; have fun going through it!

m

Boy, if I'd known you had that much room I could have brought you much more than I did... ;-)

Why do you think I kept that fact from you? :)

Looks like some good stuff in there; have fun going through it!

m

The really good stuff (IBM stuff with heavy duty metal cases) is all on the bottom with the lighter stuff on top. It's the stuff that wasn't listed on the inventory list, like, I believe, the first Eico tube tester ever made, some honking huge Qume power supply for something (I haven't looked it up yet), boxes and boxes of 8 and 16-bit cards, boxes and boxes of software complete, in the original boxes, a very old Panasonic electronic typewriter, all kind of great stuff.
It's like being a kid in a candy store at Christmas time. LOL
I can see the other 3 PS/1s through the shrink-wrap and all the NEC multi-sync monitors, the NeXT system, some Digital stuff.

Did you see that cute 9" monochrome VGA monitor in the pictures? You should see this one Apple IIe, with the script name on the top and the embossed logo. It looks like it just came out of the factory in California.

If you are going to be in the area, I'll show you around the pallets.....

OK, if anyone is at all interested, we've started auctioning off some of Micom 2000's collection on eBay.

It's being done through my personal account which is Druid123 (I was much younger then LOL). Depending on how it goes, we might set up a store.

Hope to see you bidding and, if there is anything particular from the list you'd like to see on eBay, just let me know.

We ship world-wide, BTW.

Back