• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Microcomputers At Work

hunterjwizzard

Veteran Member
wKCqgD7.png

Found this while moving. Very old children's picture book about early computers.

Interesting to spot the TRS-80 LEVEL II Manual on top of the desk, next to the kids on the book cover. So even though the kid typing is covering the keyboard, it seems to be a TRS-80 Model I with a cassette player CTR-41 (catalog # 14-0841 $49.95). Since there is not an Expansion Interface visible, then it is either a 4K RAM, LEVEL II 12K ROM (catalog # 26-1054 $689) or more commonly as sold to libraries and schools a 16K RAM, LEVEL II 12K ROM (catalog # 26-1056 $988), and 12" monitor (repackaged RCA TV) (catalog # 26-1201 $199). Jim

I only remember dumb terminals at the library (while I was still going to them that is). And not fondly as you were only given a limited time where they would boot you out promptly.

Im confused at work as i. "its working" or at work ad in thr work place?Because they look like little kids st home.

I think its a shift in vernacular. Kind of like a road sign that says "men at work" instead of "men working". The interior of the book(which I can scan and upload if anyone is interested) is some basic computer history, what they can do, what they are used for, etc. So its "micro computers working" in modern vernacular.

The cover image was taken at a library. Note the reading room desk behind and the labels on the books.
I suspect the cover image was taken in a photo studio, so most likely they used whatever was on hand.

Back