• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Microkit 8/16

Falter, Daver2, Al Kossow, etc: I just stumbled across this forum, and it brings a nostalgic tear to my eye. My father was Bruce Gladstone, and he was indeed one of the two founders of Microkit and was the hardware designer of the machines. Al Kossow posted my dad's CV here in this thread back on July 6, 2020, and it is indeed completely accurate. I grew up as a kid wire-wrapping prototype boards and modifying Panasonic TVs into computer monitors for those computers. And then later writing software for the computers for my dad's next company -- FutureNet. Sadly, my dad passed away in 2018. My mom sold the family home, and then she passed away in 2022. I do remember various of these old computers were stored in the garage in the house many years ago. But I'm certain they are all long gone. Note that while my dad was the Double-E hardware designer for Microkit/FutureData/FutureNet, his business partner was the original software guy. And that biz partner is still alive, and I have occasionally been in contact with him. If anyone is still interested, I suppose I could reach out to him, and see if by any crazy chance he still has any Microkit software, or remembers anything that may be of value to all of you...

- Ken Gladstone

Falter, Daver2, Al Kossow, etc: I just stumbled across this forum, and it brings a nostalgic tear to my eye. My father was Bruce Gladstone, and he was indeed one of the two founders of Microkit and was the hardware designer of the machines. Al Kossow posted my dad's CV here in this thread back on July 6, 2020, and it is indeed completely accurate. I grew up as a kid wire-wrapping prototype boards and modifying Panasonic TVs into computer monitors for those computers. And then later writing software for the computers for my dad's next company -- FutureNet. Sadly, my dad passed away in 2018. My mom sold the family home, and then she passed away in 2022. I do remember various of these old computers were stored in the garage in the house many years ago. But I'm certain they are all long gone. Note that while my dad was the Double-E hardware designer for Microkit/FutureData/FutureNet, his business partner was the original software guy. And that biz partner is still alive, and I have occasionally been in contact with him. If anyone is still interested, I suppose I could reach out to him, and see if by any crazy chance he still has any Microkit software, or remembers anything that may be of value to all of you...

- Ken Gladstone
Hi @KenGlad,
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your parents. A bunch of us archive as much early software as we can get our hands on. It's definitely worth asking if any of the software is still around; I'd be glad to help archive it. Unfortunately many folks of the early PC era are passing, and often the folks inheriting their stuff think the items have no value and toss it. A group of us are trying to document all this before it gets lost to history. Thanks for asking!

Back