• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Micromint Z8 Set

What are the specifications on the system? And what kind of connectivity? (serial ports, maybe? How many?)
Your pictures are upside-down, so it's hard to read anything from them.

If I remember correctly one card is an prom burner, one is a cassette interface and the other board contains the z8 chip.

I was just given a Z8 board (an MMZ8 board) and backplane (yea!). However, there doesn't seem to be an on-line archive of the documents anywhere. The BYTE article on the board shows a different layout and schematic, although the form factor is similar.

Would it be possible to copy or scan the original manuals so that they can be archived?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I just took a look at it and it has the Z8671, two 6116 SRAM chips, various "glue" and a reset push button in the upper-left corner. I powered it up and it seems like it works (300 baud, 8N1) -- I get a ":" prompt but I don't know any of the commands.

I haven't found much on-line about the board itself. I found a manual on the chip but it's a Zilog data sheet so it is only marginally useful at this point. I also found something on the BASIC/Debug so now I know the basic commands and stuff. I'd still like to get the exact info on the board.

Last edited:
I also have a Z8 system, and looking through manuals I have the following originals:
16K memory expansion
8 bit A/D converter
Expansion board II
Eprom programmer
BCC30 12 bit A/D converter
System Controller board
Z8/Basic Cross assembler for cpm
z8 8 slot motherboard

I also have many zilog z8 manuals.

I also have a Z8 system, and looking through manuals I have the following originals:
16K memory expansion
8 bit A/D converter
Expansion board II
Eprom programmer
BCC30 12 bit A/D converter
System Controller board
Z8/Basic Cross assembler for cpm
z8 8 slot motherboard

I also have many zilog z8 manuals.

I only have the mainboard docs and the zilog manuals. So if you could scan what you have it would be better than what I have.

Robert

I have the 8 slot motherboard manual scanned. Where can these scans be hosted? The file size was too large to be posted here.

Kipp

I have the 8 slot motherboard manual scanned. Where can these scans be hosted? The file size was too large to be posted here.

Kipp

PM RichCini I'm sure he will host them. He has a great site that I have used many times.

I know that this is a really old thread but I’ve picked up my board again to play with. Any chance you ever scanned these manuals? If not, PM me and maybe I can do them.

Rich,
I didn't continue scanning the manuals, not sure why. I had been moving to another state and hadn't setup my electronic space until recently. I'll drag out my scanner and give it another go. Are there any you need more than others?
Kipp

Thanks Kipp. Since I only have the CPU card and motherboard, I'd start with the CPU (BCC01?). I just really want to archive the files since they seem to be pretty rare. If the scans wind-up not being email-able, I can setup a file share for them. Just PM me once you get settled.

Rich

IMG_20191021_175013404.jpg

Here is a picture of what I have found thus far. I'd like to know if this what you are looking for, before I start scanning them.
Thanks,
Kipp

Two parts -- transferring and then hosting. Hosting is no problem through Classiccmp.org. Transferring will need Dropbox or GDrive. I will send you a PM later.

I just discovered one of these Micro Mint Z8 Basic boards, sadly just one board, not the whole set. It has a Z8671, and a Z6132, like this one:
https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/...mputer_1_85bf43e691ddefa438bdb751a455133e.jpg
Mine is missing the cap for the reset button and the electrolytic capacitors are purple "ACE" brand, but aside from that it seems identical to that one.

Can it be used for anything on it's own? Seems odd to have found just this board in a scrap lot with mostly 1996-2004 PC hardware.

Back