• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • Exhibitor application for VCF West 2022 is now open! If you are interested in exhibiting, please fill out the form here.

Micros and more

mloewen

Experienced Member
I started out with the Tandy/Radio Shack computers, along with some of the CP/M capable machines that I used to work with. Somewhere along the way, I started picking up Apple II systems, as well as some control panels from big iron systems, and most unusual, pieces of the old SAGE system from the Air Force. I used to work on SAGE, and find it particularly interesting. So, here goes:

Tandy Computers
  • Model I, level II
  • Model II
  • Model III
  • Model 4
  • Model 4P, with HiRes graphics board
  • Model 16B
  • Model 6000 HD
  • Coco 1 (64KB, composite video mod)
  • Coco 2 (64KB, dual floppy, composite video mod)
  • Coco 3 (128KB, dual floppy, multipak)

Kaypro Computers
  • Kaypro 2
  • Kaypro 2X
  • Kaypro 4
  • Kaypro 4 Plus 88
  • Kaypro 10

Osborne Computers
  • Osborne 1 (tan and brown)
  • Osborne 1 (blue and white), modem
  • Osborne Executive

Apple Computers
  • Apple II+
  • Apple IIe (unenhanced)
  • Apple IIe (enhanced)
  • Apple IIe Platinum
  • Apple IIc
  • Apple IIGS (ROM 0, Woz)
  • Apple IIGS (ROM 1, 1.25MB)
  • Apple IIGS (ROM 3, 1152KB)

Commodore Computers
  • C64, 1541 drive
  • C128, dual 1571 drives, 1902A monitor

Sun Computers
  • Sparc IPC
  • Sparc LX
  • Sparc Ultra 10

Miscellaneous
  • IBM 9348-012 9-track tape drive (SCSI)
  • Documation M1000-L card reader, with USB interface
  • Control panels from Univac, HP, IBM, Honeywell
  • SAGE 64Kb core plane, switch panel, pluggable units, front panels, tube and LRI test panel

I'm looking for a TRS-80 Model I Expansion Interface, blinkenlights control panels, or anything from the SAGE system. See my Oldtech collection site:

http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/

Vlad

Wow, that's quite a collection. I like the Macintosh line the best though, I never could get into apple. I keep coming close to getting a SPARC machine but something always happens before I can get one. I guess its not meant to be. :rolleyes:
I've never really seen any big iron, just an old Work Cell machine of some kind that I broke down during a freelance salvage job. The only thing I saved was a really big red button, emergency stop, and a reel to reel tape that had the "bubble formatter".

Welcome to the forums! :D

-VK

irishmike

Experienced Member
Wow:

I envy your CoCo 3 system. That is precisely what I am seeking ;-)

My Woz Apple II gs apparently was upgraded because it has ROM 3... I wonder if it came that way, or has someone just simply put a cover on ROM 3 II gs?

Looks like a great collection.

mloewen

Experienced Member
My Woz Apple II gs apparently was upgraded because it has ROM 3... I wonder if it came that way, or has someone just simply put a cover on ROM 3 II gs?

It's likely that someone just put a Woz cover on a ROM 3 machine. With all the IIGS systems coming out of the school systems, I'm sure that happened a lot.