• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Microsync dClock

SpidersWeb

Veteran Member
This is a battery backed up clock that goes between an 8088 CPU and the socket.
I've put a new battery in mine, but I've not been able to get it to work using common programs.

Does anyone have the driver for this thing?
It's pretty neat, and would go well in one of my 640KB XT's that don't need a 384KB combo card.

I have one of these somewhere, mine came in a small blue cardboard tube (too small to fit a diskette inside) so the way you got the software was to key it in (probably using debug or something, I don't remember exactly). The listing was included in the documentation (rolled up to also fit inside the cardboard tube).

Yes, I still have it. The driver for it was supplied as two small BASIC programs printed in flier, that you had to retype and run. They created two tiny COM files and that was it. I have them somewhere on my home PC surely. I will post them in the evening or tomorrow when needed.

I was able to scan the user's manual but the 2MB PDF file is too large to attach here. Anyone who would like a copy, please PM me your email address and I'll send it that way.

Amazing stuff! Thank you to everyone, and thanks modem7 for hosting.
Nice to keep that stuff alive.

I'll give it a whirl.

Yes indeed a nice solution! Is there by any chance a schematic out there? These things should be rebuilt! Alternatively, could anyone who has this device post some resonably good pictures of both sides of the card (without CPU in socket), reverse engineering could probably be done from photos alone. The battery holder also needs to be removed, because it covers one of the IC's.

Back