• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Minivac 601

andy-p

I picked this up on CL, after cleaning it up a bit I found that a rodent had eaten through some of the wires in the power supply area. This came with jumpers and jumpers with inline resistors. No manual/schematic/etc. Looking at the power supply with the panel turned up I can see some reasonable guesses as to what got chewed through but I can't be sure (there is a pair of black cloth leads and a pair of tan cloth leads that seem to match). There are 3 light blue wires on the underside of the panel, the matching wires I see would be 1) on the rectifier by the transformer and 2) and 3) on the neighboring underside of the main board. But I just can't be sure of anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I also found a brass strip that had cracked through on the underside of the main board. Looks like the belt for the motor and dial is present. Would love to get a copy of the manual and get this going. IMG_0623.jpgIMG_0624.jpgIMG_0625.jpgIMG_0629.jpgIMG_0631.jpg

That's a great coincidence, I had searched when I started this thread but didn't find anything so must have just been listed. I will contact seller and maybe can get copies (or maybe win the auction but I doubt I want to pay what it will go for), thanks for the heads up! OOPS I forgot that auction site has made it almost impossible to exchange contact info (email, phone, etc) through their messaging system, crap!

Really?! That'd be lame, I thought you could still ask questions to the seller at least or maybe you have to watch the auction first.

you can ask questions but you cannot get or give your email address or phone number (making it impossible to converse off of the site). I asked the seller if they would make copies and sell them to me through the site as a buy it now listing. I tried providing my email disguised a bit but the message wouldn't go through. Also, just in the last few weeks buyers id's no longer show up in sellers feedbacks (like when you look at bidders on an auction), so there would be no way of knowing who the buyer was (even if you knew you could not supply your email to them!).

you can ask questions but you cannot get or give your email address or phone number (making it impossible to converse off of the site). I asked the seller if they would make copies and sell them to me through the site as a buy it now listing. I tried providing my email disguised a bit but the message wouldn't go through. Also, just in the last few weeks buyers id's no longer show up in sellers feedbacks (like when you look at bidders on an auction), so there would be no way of knowing who the buyer was (even if you knew you could not supply your email to them!).

Make an image with your email, put it online and give him the link :)

that's clever, the seller emailed me about a month after the auction ended (it sold for around $200) and said he was too busy to do it (I can't blame him!).

Nice of them to reply at least :) Maybe they could reach out to the buyer for ya and you two could get in contact.

there's no way to know who the buyer is (you can't see the id of the high bidder and you can't see it in the feedback), I would have to ask the seller for the email of the buyer (I probably should have tried that), the thing is you can get reported on ebay (it is a policy violation) and they will give you the boot or do a suspension if you start trying to work around the rules to get contact info

Yeah, I just meant asking the seller. Long as it's a polite and useful inquiry I don't think they'd have a problem asking the buyer for you if you could contact them or passing your contact info on. But yeah I guess it's technically against the TOS. Perhaps a google search on the minivac 601 could pop up someone asking about their newly acquired one? (a stretch I'm sure)

that's a good suggestion, I probably should have persisted when I had more of an interest (when the machine was newly acquired). I quickly realized after starting collecting recently that the hobby can get out of control quickly (in terms of both space and having the time to restore or work on new acquisitions). For the minivac I thought it would always make a nice display piece if nothing else, but like a lot of people in the hobby it bugs me to have a non-working machine.

Back