• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Mobilon band size for DC2000-size QIC carts?

Chuck(G)

25k Member
This has probably been discussed several times, but I'm wondering if anyone has used the Mobilon TPU bands to repair DC200-size minicartridges. (Yes, I know about Plastibands, but I'm looking for something better). I already have a solution for DC600-sized carts that works. TIA

Okay, so nobody knows. I'll answer the question after doing my own research.

100 mm seems to be the right size--that's 200 mm circumference. Width is about 2.5mm.

Ordered a bag of 90 mm x 3 mm Mobilon bands from Misumi USA. They fit the mini-DC cartridges perfectly (e.g. DC-2120, TR-3, etc.). The bag holds 450 of the things, so if you need a few, let me know and I'll stick some in an envelope (US only, please). Warning: On the small carts, you do need steady hands.... :)

I just recently ran into a set of DecTape II carts with bad bands that haven't been archived yet. Mind if I ask for a few from you? 15 is how many I'll need, if you don't mind.

Measure carefully--mine are the 90 mm ones that work well in DC-2000 size carts, but not in DC-300 ones (too small). If they'll work for you, drop me a PM and I'll shoot some to you.

Chuck, I've been searching for exactly this for a while now. Could I trouble you for a few?
I just joined the forums, and I can't DM yet (it's the rules, I guess).

Back