• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Model I hard drive adaptor board schematic

dano

Experienced Member
I have seen Model I hard drive adapter boards available on the 'net, the ones that adapt the MI's 40 pin bus to the 50 pin hard drive bus. While I think it's great that these are being made available to the community, they look to be rather simple and I would prefer to save the money and make my own. That said, I haven't had any success locating the pin-out or schematic. Anybody know where to find one?

Boy, I don't know. While I'm all for creating things myself as a fun and educational experience, they're only $50. It's a professional board with both a header and card edge and comes with a cable. Gold contacts even! By the time I'd source all the parts and spend the time assembling and testing, I'm not sure the $5 saving would be that appealing. Especially since I'm not going to end up with such a nice product, tested and working out of the box.

I completely understand that, I'm thinking of getting one anyway just for that reason. In my case, though, I have proto-board (even the type with card edge connectors) and all the parts laying around already, so aside from what looks to be a couple transistors, all it would cost me is some time. Without a schematic it's hard to tell how difficult the wiring would be. I would really love to have a couple of them, but at some point the hobby gets a little spendy.

Back