• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

More infos on "Arvida Technology Ltd"? (486 Socket3 board)

RaptorZX3

Experienced Member
Today i got that Socket3 board, and it seem to be designed by Arvida Technology Ltd. and made in Canada.

When you do a search for Arvida, it give you a small settlement in Saguenay, Quebec. (which is the province where i live)

arvida01.jpg
arvida02.jpg

Any more informations someone might have here? i can't find anything on the net about this board.

Archive.ORG has websites for an Arvida Technology located in B.C. for 1995 and 1996. Only seems to cover Pentium systems though. They were the board making arm of SEANIX which might be way to find more information.

Not an exact match but maybe it will provide a step in your next search: http://museum.ttrk.ee/th99/m/S-T/32430.htm

Note Arvida's former website is now used by some form of financial planning/investment company. For searches on archive.org, append the Canadian domain to the corporate name.

ah thanks. i'll have to do some tests on this board. So they only existed in 1995 and 1996?

So maybe this board is a rare one from them? Since you said they only seemed to cover Pentium boards.

No, I believe they lasted longer than that. I think the webpage got started when companies went mad for web but never was provided with tech support information for earlier motherboards before the division shut down. You might be able to find information in libraries that kept computer related paper from when the motherboard was made. Maybe there is a Seanix user group somewhere in Canada? I don't have reference to such but then if it ain't in Toronto or Vancouver it doesn't get mentioned on this side of the border.

Online, the few other references to the parent SEANIX Technology are for a brief unsuccessful expansion into the US in 1997 and reports of them taking over a failed electronics retailer before failing themselves about a decade ago.

Back