• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

MSX

sonic2000gr

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to annouce that I am now also a proud (!!) owner of an MSX machine, a Toshiba MSX HX-10. As far as I know, this is quite a popular MSX, not difficult to find in U.K. and Europe. I don't know much about MSX, a friend of mine had one back in good ol'days, and I used it once or twice. It was a Spectravideo (728?), a very well known brand in Greece then.
I got this Toshiba from ebay, it is a complete starter pack (includes a cassete recorder and intro tapes) and is boxed. It is in generally good condition (somewhat dirty, but I spent half afternoon doing maintenance and cleaning, both inside and outside) and apart from a few "usage" marks it looks pretty much new. It works great as well.
I am gonna spent a great vintage computing night, as this MSX is accompanied by several titles on tape and some carts. Some of the tapes are still SEALED.
I will also get some photos of it, and post them on my next website update.
Anybody else working with an MSX here?

Manolis

Weeeeeeeeelllllllllll...I'd like to play with my Sony Hit-Bit machine, but alas it seems to be broken. That is, it works fine when you power it up, but I haven't yet been able to load any software into it - even software that I've saved from that same machine (Hello World program)...I suspect the tape-input is busted... :( Once I get the time and patience, I'll look into it, of course, but right now the machine is packed away in the attic...

From what I've seen so far, I like the machine. It is very well built (Japan) and works wonderfully. The BASIC also seems to be well implemented. I've tried a couple of games and overall I liked them.
By the way I update my site today, so pics of HX-10 are included, along with screenshots from some games. Check it out at http://www.geocities.com/sonic2000gr

Manolis

I would like to pick up a HitBit sometime but I've heard they are fairly rare and I'm not likely to find them my standard way (rummaging through obscure boxes at flea markets and garage sales, although that has given me the joy of an 800XL lately).

But good work on picking up your MSX, let us know more about it if you get a chance to open it up.

Back