• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

MTM PC Retro Part list

sponaugle

I recently got an MTM Retro PC PCB (which you can still get from MTM), which is a new 5150 cloned PCB. Unfortunately the complete kits are no longer available.

Does anyone who has one of the kits have a parts list that might have come with the kit? I'm trying to build up my own parts, but some things I don't know the value/part number of.

Alternatively if there is a more generic parts list for the original 5150 PC motherboard.

Jeff Sponaugle

One of the personnel at MTM Scientific, Michael, is a member here.

Known deviations from the IBM 5150 motherboard of type 64KB-256KB, are time delays TD1 and TD2.

At [here] is an earlier thread which not only mentions TD1 and TD2, but has a post (#14) from Michael which points to the CD that is included with the PC-Retro kit. On that CD, I see that the 'PC-Retro Manual.pdf' contains details of the resistors and capacitors used. As for IC types, I expect that IBM's circuit diagram of the motherboard answers that, although I see that the PC-RETRO PCB is labelled with chip types. Also on the CD is a ComputerFacts document, and on PDF page 31 of that document is a list of the IC types found on the particular motherboard that was used as a reference.

Hi, I am just now seeing this post... We have created a parts list for the MTM Scientific, Inc PC-Retro Kit. (We sell the bare PCB on our website.) We also occasionally have a few complete kits available for sale, depending on the supply of parts. Here is a link to the detailed PC-Retro parts list:

http://www.mtmscientific.com/pc_retro.pdf

Back