• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My Collection (Pictures/Videos)

High_Treason

Experienced Member
I shall add to this thread in the coming weeks, but in the mean time, here are a few...

Fistly, Amy, an Am486 DX4-100 system on an MSI MS-4144 Motherboard.
256KiB Cache
64MB EDO RAM
3.2 GB Hard Drive (Seagate)
Quad Speed Mitsumi CD-ROM (IDE)
SoundBlaster Pro 2 LMSI (CT1620, anybody selling a CD Drive on that interface?)
S3 Trio 32 PCI (2MB)
MS-DOS 6.22 and WfW 3.11
phot0017k.jpg
phot0021.jpg
phot0025t.jpg
phot0031j.jpg

Secondly, Katyusha, AMD K5 PR133 (Gold Top) based machine on a weird motherboard that wasn't meant to support it.
256KB COAST Cache (There looks to be a Tag Ram(?) Socket)
16MB EDO RAM
1GB Hard Drive (Fujitsu)
SoundBlaster 16
S3 Trio 64 PCI (2MB)
Windows 95
phot0047y.jpg
phot0052.jpg
phot0055.jpg

Both of those systems were property of the army. If they did anything interesting before I got them I couldn't say as the hard drives had been wiped. Katyusha currently lends it's PSU to;

Alina, Am386 40MHz, work in progress.
SoundBlaster 2.0
Trident VGA (I shall change that!)
512MB Hard Drive (Quantum - Might replace with IDE-to-CF 512MB)
IIT Co-Processor (Catch me if you can)
Mismatched floppy drive
Wonder if the CD will work
Probably change to a different case
Stubborn mobo won't take more than 128KB L2 Cache and no L1.
phot0038m.jpg
phot0045.jpg

I have some other systems on my YouTube channel, though those are old videos and are not very good. Such as a my 286 and a Packard Bell Pulsar-16 there's a coupe more things in there somewhere.

Ooook, here's something a bit more interesting, anyone else got one of these (please say yes)?

Specs:
AMD NL80C286 10MHz, Toshiba 68000 7.67MHz (MC68000 Clone), 2.5MB SIMM RAM (286), 30MB IBM HDD, 1.44MB Floppy, Cartridge Slot, some other cool stuff.

I did some videos on this, but they really weren't too good, so when I get the PSU fixed I might redo those as one good video instead of four (and a half) rough-cut ones. Oh, does anyone know a compatible PSU? At the moment I plan to replace the guts of that one with an ITX PSU board.

I never replied to that, sorry. It's fairly interesting, combined with an Everdrive, very interesting, as with the Wondermega, it seems the Z80 is emulated so there is no master system compatibility. Sega CD will work with it though. I forgot to snap an image of the monitor and keyboard, the latter of which I have never used as it is sealed in it's original packaging. I can't do that right now though as there are 17 stitches in my back and I'd have to move some heavy stuff. I have a better camera and tripod now though, so any future images should be better quality.

In the meantime, I finished a YouTube overview of the K5 above, seems some specs were different than I remembered.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM7jFOsVfWs

I recently dragged out an old 486DX-33 system, a regular piece of trash. It was built when I was a teenager, my workstation had died a death and I had no money, forcing me to glue it together out of what I could get for nothing, I remember buying the graphics card, I paid for that with cigarettes :D

I have no images of it right now, but when I got the mobo and CPU they were seperated and the CPU pins were bent, I had another CPU (Intel) so I just dropped that in, but I have now re-installed the original, a U5S-Super33. Motherboard is JK-042A. I did DVD authoring with this thing for my video editing course and quite a bit of City & Guilds/CLAiT work not to mention quite a bit of my time at college. I shall probably come back with pictures in the next couple of days and a video in the future.

Here we go, the above mentioned UMC 486.

The machine, near my desk. The family's first PC lived in this case, still have those parts too but they are mostly faulty;
vlcsnap-2013-07-02-21h07m06s80.jpg

The internals, this motherboard has 8MB of EDO RAM installed. It has SIMM slots too, but they do not seem to work. I doubt most people here like my stuff as this seems like an IBM fan forum (I dislike IBM systems personally), but there is one IBM part in there;
vlcsnap-2013-07-02-21h07m31s71.jpg

Close-up of the CPU, it actually seems marginally faster than the i486 that was in there despite the lack of FPU or L1 Cache;
vlcsnap-2013-07-02-21h07m46s226.jpg

The graphics card, it has two TSeng ET4000 chips (W32I and V33), have never seen another one of these, it has a 44-Pin connector on the back as well as regular VGA.
vlcsnap-2013-07-02-21h07m38s139.jpg

SoundBlaster cards, might put the 2.0 in here and give the 1.5 to the 80386 I'm building up.
vlcsnap-2013-07-02-21h07m18s195.jpg
View attachment 14151

Why not? :D It started when I had to enter a name in the Network Settings with one I labelled "Kalinka" as far as I remember, named after the old Russian folk song which I was listening to at the time, I like Russian folk music (and Russia itself) so I decided to continue using names like that. Originally I had used numbers but that confused me after a while, I then started using Jupiter's moons but ran out of named ones. There are names of other nationalities as well, such as Alyssa (main workstation) and Daniella (System replacing it) - I rarely use male names, although there is a Dave (Server) and a Lorenzo on the network.

Whilst I am here, I might as well add this one;
byte1.jpg
Byte (Байт) - Clone of ZX Spectrum, made in what is now Brest, Belarus.
KR1858VM1 (Clone of Z80) CPU at 2.5MHz
64KB RAM
Has RGB video output, can use Kempston joysticks, has an internal speaker, Cryllic keyboard (and support in the OS).

This is what I know, it's hard to find documentation in English so it was quite fun getting it to work with my TV (SECAM D/K output I believe). I have owned two Sinclair Specturms, both of which did not work, this clone works fine, has a neat test feature, if you press Ы В А when turning on the power, it plays "Dog Waltz" to let you know it started successfully.

I used a DVK-3 once too, was a PDP-11 clone as far as I know.

I like clones and obscure hardware.

Very interesting indeed.

Anyway, I got a video done on the trash 486;

Also been on eBay, bought one of these;
cdc68e.jpg

I think vwestlife or uxwbill has one of these too.

As a last note, I hope these actually work (clicky). It was going to cost me £70 for a K5 PR166 and as I wanted a P3 faster than 700MHz and planned to eventually add a couple of these to my collection so if they work I think this is win, actually, given what I already have and just plain don't particularly want I could probably make most of it back... Or sell them for scrap gold (NEVER!) - the bloke who sold them seems to be the sort that would have a heart attack if he knew I was planning to stick those in motherboards and make them do actual work. :p

I just bought this;
$T2eC16J,!yUE9s6NEGmuBSFms11thg~~60_12.JPG

Always wanted a Pentium Pro, didn't like the prices, so I figured I may as well go all-out and buy a rare version of it, this being an engineering sample and all.

Need a motherboard to run it but can't afford one until next time I get paid... might have to wait a month or two depending. I now have only one CPU left before I own all the ones I have any interest in.

Last edited:
Good stuff. A while ago I was given an Intergraph TD-310 with a Pentium Pro processor. I'm keeping a eye out for a second processor for it.

Aye, I was going to go for a dual or quad setup, but as I plan on running Windows 95 or 98 I figured that would be pointless... I suppose I could dual-boot NT4 under such a configuration although I'm not sure I'd find another one of those chips in a hurry. Oh, and I have decided to use this as an excuse to get an Awe 32 at some point although I doubt it is much different to the 64, the GUS is still king anyway.

Realistically, I shouldn't be messing with either, I put all this time and money into the vintage hardware as I watch my main workstation approach 9 years of service with leaky cooling loops and failing components. I have a feeling that after I finish playing with this Pentium Pro, I might have to put the collecting on hold for a while. On the other hand, I saw someone posting games consoles, so I might post some of the more interesting ones (and accessories) I have in this thread at a later time.

I just bought this;
$T2eC16J,!yUE9s6NEGmuBSFms11thg~~60_12.JPG

Always wanted a Pentium Pro, didn't like the prices, so I figured I may as well go all-out and buy a rare version of it, this being an engineering sample and all.

Need a motherboard to run it but can't afford one until next time I get paid... might have to wait a month or two depending. I now have only one CPU left before I own all the ones I have any interest in.

You still need a Pentium Pro board? I have two, AT-type. One worked fine a while back, the other tested only long enough to fire up, but nothing else was loaded or run. You're welcome to them.

I do, but I don't get paid until next month. Where abouts in the world are you? I'd have to buy internationally anyway as I can't find any in the UK.

Whilst I am here, some other guy posted consoles, so I may as well too. Shouldn't need to explain the ones in the image, Wondermega M1 (Sega Branded) Wondermega M2 (Victor, has wireless controller) Claire Redfield Dreamcast (0422/1800)

Attachments

• segagasm.jpg
    segagasm.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 1
East coast US. If you decide you want both of them, I'll toss in a CPU with them. It's a 200MHz one, but only 256KB cache on-die.

These are the boards:
http://stason.org/TULARC/pc/motherboards/B/BJMT-TECHNOLOGY-CORPORATION-Pentium-Pro-INTEL-8244.html (I think the better one)
and
http://stason.org/TULARC/pc/motherboards/D/DTK-COMPUTER-INC-Pentium-Pro-PRM-OO31I-VER-1-11.html

I can't swear to their operation, since they've been sitting for a while (about a year). But they tested good at the time.

Last edited:
Alright. I can probably get them to work if they are non-functional, my CPU arrived today and a visit to the ATM reveals I have gotten paid earlier than expected.

I guess I do want these boards, but how much do you want for them (plus shipping), I'm only able to pay for them through PayPal though so hopefully that is possible, I'd also like tracking with any shipping if at all possible (I prefer to do this with anything international ever since the mail company lost a parcel once) - if this is indeed a possibility it may be wise to take this to the personal message system from now on. Lastly, is there any way you can get a picture of the actual boards, I'd like to see them so I know what I am potentially buying.

The only concern I really have is that I'm not 100% certain those boards support my 1M cache processor, but on my head be it if they don't, they'll be fun to play with if they turn out to be functional anyway as I've never run a Pentium Pro before despite having more of a background with workstations.

---

To readers in general; Speaking of workstations, these parts will probably be the last old parts I try to obtain for a while as my everyday workstation (which is itself approaching vintage, nearly 9 years of service now) is slowly bleeding to death (among other things) and is long overdue for replacement, so for some time after completing the PPro project my funds will be headed that way. I still have plenty of old hardware to fill this thread with though, might get some images of my OEM machines up as this forum seems to be in love with OEM gear... I'm a home build man.

Is that the same dimensions as a regular Pentium Pro? For whatever reason that looks square and not as rectangular but it could be the black top throwing me off. Pretty cool though. Be fun to have some of those engineering samples :)

It seems to be the same dimensions and I've heard of other people using these without any major issues besides power consumption though many seem to be the sorts that just like displaying things, I see that as a waste, my CPUs work for a living. For comparison sake, I took a picture of it between a 486 and a regular (Socket 7) Pentium, both of which are nothing special they were just at the top of my cpu box. Looking at it from the pin side and seeing a picture or a regular socket 8 chip it looks the same dimensions.
ppro2.jpgppro1.jpg

I'm amazed at how huge and heavy this thing is, I knew socket 8 was large, but I've never seen a CPU made for it in real life before. I doubt there are any major internal differences between this and the final model either as the sample is from very late (though both earlier and later ones exist) in the development cycle of the chip.

The improvements over standard Pentiums won't be very noticeable unless you're using an NT-based OS. That comes from Intel themselves. There is a speed improvement, but the best performance increase comes from NT.

I'll take snapshots of them sometime tonight, and have them to you by morning.

I don't "charge" for anything. So make an offer in PM, and we'll go from there.

Back