• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My collection

andyt31: Nice to see that your Dragon is working. It's always a pleasure to see an old computer that works!

tezza: Yup, there was PAL CoCo's. I got one that I know is PAL and one that probably is a PAL one, but I haven't gotten around to test it yet. The first one was originally bought in Sweden.

Anybody here that knows the sale statistics for the different models of TRS computers in Europe/Australasia?

// Z

DragonData history

DragonData history

I can not quite see how Dragon would make more profit on designing their own computer that happens to be partly CoCo compatible, compared to if they had imported the CoCo and adopted it for European customers to begin with.

DragonData were heavily subsidised by the government for creating much needed jobs at their manufacturing facility in Wales.

Paul.

Ah, and simply manufacturing a US computer wouldn't have granted them as much state money as developing one of their own?

As for the TRS-80 CoCo, frankly I've only seen one advertisment and one review in any Swedish home computer magazine. Recently I saw another mention about it in a different magazine, making it a total of two notices. According to the advertisment the agent had set up a wide range of resellers, so at one point it must've existed in shops, if so only for a few months. The Dragons were much more intensively marketed in Sweden, but the agent and reseller network kept changing all the time, a bit like a hot potato.

I think I've already posted the summary of the early TRS-80 agenture, how the first agent just sat there waiting for software and customers to come by and wasted a few years of sales until another agent took over and had big plans to develop their own range of localized TRS-80 software, which turned out to be a waste of money. I wonder if the TRS-80 sold any better in other European countries. With another type of agenture, it might've sold in line with Commodore PET, Apple II and so on, given how big these series were in their home market.

Ive updated my site with more photos and other stuff. I've got my Apple //c up and running. Current project is to test my TI 99/4a. I need to make a tape cable for it, and try and copy a tape file from the PC onto a tape.

Selling my Texas Instruments Professional Computer (TI PC)

Selling my Texas Instruments Professional Computer (TI PC)

I am selling my 1983 Texas Instruments Professional Computer (TI PC), Speech Command System, software and publications on e-bay. See the Vintage Computer marketplace forum for links.

Ive updated my site again.

Latest additions are a IBM PC AT and a Olivetti M380/C 386 based machine.

Ive not tested the IBM yet as I does not have a monitor for it(9 pin). Olivetti boots into DOS ok.

Updates can be found on my website http://andys.dyn-o-saur.com/ Photos of the new machines are on there too.

Back