• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My collection

Zeela

Experienced Member
Finally I got me a better place to store my collection. It's in the other end of my town, but it's relatively cheap and it can host most of my collection. It it's big enough to let me have a very small computer/gaming corner. It's really a one room apartment with a kitchenette, but I rent it as a storage room at a reduced cost.

I've spent some time moving the collection over to the new place, and finally I'm as finished as I'll ever be.

You can check out some pics at my website:
http://www.zeela.se/page/9/

I've also added a direct link from the menu to my picture page, where I keep track of things I acuire. That page has pics from 2006 up to today.
http://www.zeela.se/bought/

Enjoy!

What are the keyboard looking systems and systems on the middle shelf in this pic? Very nice place and collection too! How'd ya swing that deal? That's what I sometimes feel like I need to do is get an apartment for my collection but then I'd probably want to stay there all the time so it would defeat the purpose.

Zeela has a very impressive collection of Luxor ABC computers, so at least the light brown keyboard computers on the middle shelf look to be ABC-800 or a variation thereof. I'm not sure about the dark brown ones, but the pile of units to the right are Compis, 80186 based school computers.

Apparently he lives in one of the rare places where there are more apartments than tenants, so when he asked for a storage room the landlord suggested he could rent a small apartment instead. That is a luxury most of us can only dream about. I visited Zeela 1.5 weeks ago and got to browse it all. The betting is on how long it takes until he upgrades to a larger apartment in the same complex. :p

Apparently he lives in one of the rare places where there are more apartments than tenants, so when he asked for a storage room the landlord suggested he could rent a small apartment instead.

In the US you can a) rent a big storag unit, b) buy sea containers (when you have the space), c) put a trailer on your lot (when you have the space), d) buy an old school bus (when you have the space) or build a big isolated shed (when you have the space). Will probably work out about the same price or cheaper.

What are the keyboard looking systems and systems on the middle shelf in this pic? Very nice place and collection too! How'd ya swing that deal?
The light brown keyboard computers are two Luxor ABC 800s , one color and one monochrome. The dark brown keyboard computers are a version of the ABC 800, made by FACIT. The darkbrown computers below them are FACIT DTC 6506, the FACIT version of ABC 806.

The computers to the right a couple of Compis-school computer and one Compis II.

All of these machines are made in Sweden.

And as Carlsson explained, there isn't a shortage of apartments, but rather a shortage of tenants in my town. So the landlord thought, a little money is better than no money. So I made a nice deal with them.

Last edited:
Back