• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • Exhibitor application for VCF West 2022 is now open! If you are interested in exhibiting, please fill out the form here.

My Collection

Blackcube

Experienced Member
I just registered here tonight. My meager collection currently consists of:

1 NeXT Turbo Dimension Cube (dual head with 17" mono and 21" color)
1 NeXT Dimension Cube (non-turbo, also dual head)
1 NeXTstation Turbo Color
1 BeBox Rev8 133 dual PPC
2 Canon object.station's
4 Sun Sparcstation 5's
1 Sparcstation IPC
3 Sparcstation IPX's
1 Sparcstation 10
1 Sgi Indy
2 Sgi Indigo2's (one dual head Solid and High Impact)
7 Sgi Iris Indigo's, (R3k, R4k and R4400 - 3 are Elans', 2 are Song and Dance machines)
1 Sgi Visual Workstation 320
1 Commodore 128D (to run CP/M 3.0)
3 Daystar Genesis MP's
1 Daystar Millennium
9 Umax Supermac's
1 Motorola Starmax 4000
1 APS M*Power
1 Radius 81/110
2 Power Computing
2 Tandy 1000SX
1 Tandy 1000HD
1 Tandy 10000SL
1 IBM PC cassette port
3 Compaq Aero's
35-40 Mac's ranging from a Plus to a couple of PowerMac's

There are 25 20-21" monitors, 9 17" monitors, 12 smaller ones, 11 laser printers, 5 inkjets, 1 "D" sized plotter and one "E" sized plotter in my home office. I have a 96 port patch panel with 5 24-port hubs stacked in the server closet. If I turn everythng on at once, the room temp climbs 20 degree's F in a little over an hour.

Almost everything has it's original and correct keyboard, mouse, monitor and even printers when they are available. I never count Intel based PC's and PC clones (except the Sgi VW320), unless they are over 10 years old. The Compaq's just squeeked under the wire this year. I have several early Dell's that will count in a few years. I recently sold all 4 of my Tandy Model 100's, all of my Apple 2's and gave all of my Amiga stuff away, so I can concentrate on Sgi, NeXT and Mac equipment. I have few more pieces in the pipe, but they don't count until UPS drops them at my doorstep. I'm still looking for a couple of O2's, a pair of Octanes and a Maxxboxx Mac clone. I'd also like a Crimson and a Deskside Onyx.

There is just never enough time, storage space or money.

Erik

Site Administrator
Staff member
Re: My Collection

Blackcube said:
I just registered here tonight. My meager collection currently consists of:

There is just never enough time, storage space or money.

That is hardly a meager collection! I can safely say that your limiting factor is probably the storage space, not the money or time! :D

Enjoy the forums!

Erik