• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My humble Dutch collection..

whizzi

Experienced Member
Hi,

I've been active for a while here, mostly in the Tandy part. Short story, started when I was 9-ish with collection (first collectors machine was a Philips P2000C), got rid of it when I was 16 (still regret that) and restarted collecting back in 2010 with an Amiga 500. Since then, thing got crazy and as of 2018, I'll be opening a HomeComputerMuseum in the Netherlands.

I currently have 131 computers and at least 10 computers waiting for me to pick them up. I haven't got an exact number on printers (yet), floppy/hard drives, additional hardware and monitors, but that's not calculated with the 131 computers.

I get my collection mostly from people donating them to me and I'm also buying them on the Dutch and Belgium ebay-a-like places. I also had luck a few times by buying 2 Atari's and I ended up with these 2 Atari's, a LOT of extra hardware, 6 huge boxes filled with boxed software titles and the cherry-on-top was a complete Exidy Sorcerer with S100 expansion.

My latest additions are (latest on top)
- Tandy TRS80 Model III (with diskdrives, low serial, lot of software)
- Intel MCS85 (intel developer board)
- Tandy TRS80 Model IV (keyboard is completely damaged)
- Apple Power Macintosh 8500/120
- Philips P2000C

and the list goes on and on. Additional I love to say I'll probably have the largest Tandy collection of Europe, 100% sure from the Netherlands. I have 32 Tandy computers including a Model 16 and a bunch of Tandy 1000s.

Highlights of the collection, I think, are the near mint Tandy TRS80 Model 1 inc Expansion Interface (and a load of expansions in the machine), the European Tandy Model 4 with serial nr 000018. Also a very early Model III (0000287). The Exidy Sorcerer is pretty neat with the S100 expansion (also pretty rare). The Commodore SX64 NTSC is a very rare item. Even so for the complete Amiga CDTV (with original keyboard, mouse, fdd and 35 CD's). I actually have 2 Tandy Color Computer 3s, which never came to Europe.

This will all end up in the museum in the Netherlands and most of the machines will be playable by visitors. I have a whole idea of how to do so, which also includes a repair centre, shop, arcade cafe and even a stage/movie theater for doing live shows and movies/documentaries.

This will all be in the city of Helmond. This is in the south-east of the Netherlands, near Eindhoven Airport (20min drive) and Dusseldorf Airport (45min drive). I will probably get 750m2 (7.750,02 sq ft) to show all this. It won't be only my collection, but a collection of collectors.

Anyway, this is my story. If you have questions or ideas, let me know.

Leuk zeg! Zodra het museum gereed is kom ik graag eens langs. Mijn ouderlijk huis is in 0478 en we gaan wel eens in 0492 naar de bioscoop (Pathé). Neem ook contact op met www.ptis.nl / www.retroforum.nl / www.classic-computing.de / www.dosforum.de / www.dos-reloaded.de. En wellicht www.amibay.com en www.vogons.org.

We organiseren meestal ook een Red Alert 2 en/of Age of Empires 2 LAN tijdens mijn bezoeken aan NL mocht je dat leuk vinden. In 0478.

In het HCM komen straks ook ruimtes die je hiervoor kunt huren, volledig ingericht om bijeenkomsten in te doen (en het museum te bezoeken indien gewenst). Dank voor de linkjes, de meeste heb ik al contact mee (ik sta zelfs op de foto van classic-computing.de) :).

I'll let you know when the museum is open.

Here's a small peek of the collection:

Mooi man! Ik woon in de VS en heb helaas geen ruimte meer voor een verzameling. In NY had ik een woonkelder met 1300 vierkante voet ruimte en heel veel opslag. :) Ik zie een aantal Philips systemen: NL trots! Heb je ook Tulip systemen toevallig?

Nee, (nog) geen Tulip systemen. Ik weet wel dat er een paar bij andere verzamelaars vandaan komen. Philips machines heb ik wel vrij veel waaronder mijn favoriet, de P2000C

Leuk! Tulip is naast Philips de NL PC bij uitstek. Uiteraard waren er in de midden / late jaren 90 heel veel merken maar in de jaren 80 en vroege jaren 90 niet.

And the COMX computers? ;-)

Nice collection!, I'm specially jealous about your Sorcerer S-100 expansion, a couple of years ago I purchased one from a dutch seller through eBay; but he changed his mind...:p

The museum looks like a nice initiative, good luck on that!

I don't have COMX computers, nor do I have Holborns or Aster computers. If I search further, I'll probably find more. I do have an Osborne Variant 1 which is a Osborne 1 but built into a desktop machine by a Dutch company.

I hope someone donates or loans one of the computers stated above. They are Dutch pride, especially one Holborn I love to show in the museum.. Look them up, it's a very futuristic design but they are very rare to find.

Being a small country is amazing how so much computer industry flourished back in the eighties in the Netherlands, not only COMX, Holborn (I was looking for one for some time, no hopes right now :-(); but also machines like the Sorcerer (adquired by Compudata) or the Newbrain (adquired by Tradecom) lived the end of their lives there. Of course Philips has been always the flagship with all of their models (P2000, VG5000, MSX, etc).

Hope we can see some more pics of these rare machines soon! :)

Back