• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My new Amiga 500 and setup

hi everyone, I finally got a nice amiga setup. Everything in the photo I bought of a craigslist ad for $75 along with a working commodore 64 and non-working 1541 drive. The amiga didn't work so I then bought a working one from the forums and swapped the yellowed case with the white case from the broken one.I also have about 300 blank discs to put software on once I get the right setup. I really like the games I've played so far and can't wait to play more. The only things
i suppose I could use would be a hard drive and a second disc drive. If anyone has a spare hard drive let me know. Thanks and let me know what you think!

The board on the side is a supra turbo 28 and the 500 has a ram expansion inside as well.

The discs I got were second hand and it was interesting to see the cracking teams from back in the day.

geoffm3

Veteran Member
I have many a fond memory of my Amiga 500 from Back In The Day... my first "real" computer past the Commodore 64. Enjoy!

Pet Rescue

Experienced Member
That looks a decent looking Amiga, mine is in need of a bleaching by comparison. The Amiga too was my first computer after the C64, it totally blew me away graphics wise back in the day but I was let down by it not having basic in rom so I could program it. It was ironic really as I spent a lot of my time on my C64 programming in basic as well as gaming but then when I had the Amiga with it's brilliant features I couldn't program it and so never really bonded with it and it ended up as just a games machine.

Unknown_K

Veteran Member
An A500 with 512KB trapdoor RAM plus an extra external floppy is pretty much all you need to play 95% of all Amiga games. They are nice machines and having an Amiga monitor helps out as well. All you need now is a Wico Command joystick.

Dave Farquhar

Experienced Member
Nice setup. Nice thing about the Supra Turbo was that it was 68000-based, so it's highly, highly compatible while giving some nice acceleration.

And Monkey Island was great. :)