• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My Pet Machine

Raven

Veteran Member
Specs of my baby, named Voodoo:

FIC VA-503+ Motherboard
(extensive tweaking, USB, PS/2 Mouse, AT keyboard, SIMMS/DIMMS both supported, AT/ATX power both supported - best BIOS installed, tried later, unstable, reverted - never changing it again)

512MB DRAM
(2x256, a miracle I found sticks of that at PC100.. or 133 clocked down? Either way, pin-compatible.. :D)

Intel Tillamook 266Mhz overclocked to 300Mhz, 100x3Mhz - 1:1 RAM!
(Pentium Mobile, this one converted by somebody in China - thank you China! :D)

Matrox G250 AGP 2x 8MB
(I have an 8MB SIMM for it which I may use.. this card supports 1080p but also scales back to Win3x drivers.. :D)

Voodoo 2 PCI 8MB by Diamond (I hope to have two in there some day)

SB16 Value (I love the value version, the PnP always works nicely.. :p)

Cisco Aironet 350 PCI 802.11b Wireless (has DOS, Win3x, 95, 98, etc..)

Promise 133TX2 PCI IDE Controller (ATA133, two channels, works in addition to mobo controller, though I disable that anyway)

120GB HDD (I tried for 750GB, controller bugged writing past a certain point, came w/ a 200GB disk, so it's a bit old for that size it seems even tho it recognized it - even with an overlay, which I don't think comprehended it either, lol)

3.5"/5.25" combo FDD (the 5.25" is also slot loading like a 3.5")

Slot-loading DVD drive

ZIP-250

LS-120

Disney Sound Source

CTX 17" CRT

IBM Model M w/ Silver Badge

IBM PS/2 Oval Mouse w/ Grey Buttons
(sometimes I use original PS/2 mouse, sometimes newer NetScroll.. always IBM though. xD)

3dfx Case Badge (an important component, of course)

It's a smaller AT form factor, dunno technically, but I think it's Baby AT..? Using a smaller-than-mid case, or I'dve crammed more 5.25" and HDDs in.. I have a 5.25" speaker that Id've liked to put in there, heh.

Smooth as silk, has run up to 98SE before, currently working on getting Win3x up and running w/ all the stuff, Windows likes to just exit to DOS (and then crash DOS if you try to use it for long) at the moment - quite odd. Will be fixing that soon enough..

Last edited:
First thing I'd try, would be dropping the overclock, CPU might be getting a bit aged for that at this point.
Windows 3.1 should load in an eye blink haha

Sounds like a nice setup, guessing they used the mobile chip for the lower power usage / heat output??

First thing I'd try, would be dropping the overclock, CPU might be getting a bit aged for that at this point.
Windows 3.1 should load in an eye blink haha

Sounds like a nice setup, guessing they used the mobile chip for the lower power usage / heat output??

Nothing wrong with the OC, was a matter of getting the right settings for my wifi card so it didn't jam up the OS load due to conflicts. That's been sorted for a few days now. I think they used mobile chips just to get their back stock out or something, but either way that lets me OC it nicely. I went for 300Mhz just because, I could probably push it further - at LEAST 333Mhz, possibly higher.

Please post some photos!:D

Last edited:
Back