• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Need Apple ProDos 1.1.1 for Apple IIc Computer

Yep, anything that ProDOS sees, ADTPro can format. ProFILEs, CFIDE drives, you name it.

Sorry to hear about the internal IIc+ drive. You might just pull it out and clean it up - the heads might just be dirty.

Going to do that this weekend! The drive doesn't make any strange noises that lead me to believe the mechanics are bad. You can hear the heads moving, and the motorized function for disk eject works fine.

ADTPro really is a thing of beauty! I've been transferring stuff back and forth and it has worked flawlessly. I also love the fact that you can change the host's directory remotely.

I have been successful in transferring 280 block/140k .DSK images to 800k floppies. Of course, this makes the disk look like a 140k disk, but it allows me to play games without the need for a 5.25" drive/floppies (although I'm still getting one). Whenever I want to play a specific game I just transfer its 140k images to 3.5" disks and play on...

Only found a handful that don't seem to like this. But the compromise seems to be to my advantage so far...

:)

I just got done operating on the Plus.. I realized that the heads were actually not moving (I think the motor went out). The disk was spinning, though.

So, I made a decision to open up the Apple 3.5" external drive and take the mechanics out of that one (they're identical). Now the //c Plus is happily booting from its internal drive. :)

Last edited:
Back