• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Need Help to delete a post...

bolly92

Hello everyone i Sold around few months ago a vintage laptop here this person claim i was a scamer and fraudulent anyways this person already receive his laptop i think Case is Close...my point is this i sell Computer Network ONLY LOCAL but when Someone search my email in google then found this post and i don't want a bad image ...i'm honestly seller i hope Someone here can help me to delete this post Thanks So much...

http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?18199-Probable-Fraud-Warning

It's just my opinion, but after re-reading the original thread, I think the OP's request is reasonable.

People order stuff.
Then stuff happens, and it doesn't get shipped when it should have been.

I think "Nigerian scammer" showing up for anyone doing a search doesn't help the seller, and it certainly doesn't look good for the VCF when it points to a thread on the VCF.

This is a deal that has been completed, and hopefully the seller has learned to ship more promptly, and communicate better, especially if they're dealing with VCF members.

It would help if the buyer made a post here and let everyone know how long it was between the time payment being made and actually getting the item. If the seller is prompt in shipping, it may only take a week to get the item. I have recently had problems where the seller shipped an item 3 weeks after I made payment. That's not acceptable. If the buyer can't get in touch with the seller, then it's reasonable to conclude something has gone very wrong and warrants a warning to this community. I think it is unreasonable to use a racist term "niggerian". The references made by members here were "Nigerian Scammer" which is a well documented, problem with doing business with some people from Niger.

I can't see any reason to delete the original thread. The buyer (CGrape) reported a problem - money was taken but no product was shipped. We don't know how long it was before he started complaining, but he mentions that he started a dispute with PayPal. By the end end of the thread the item arrives, and it is shipped the same day that the original posting is made and the complaint to PayPal is made - apparently the public posting or the threat of PayPal taking the money back was enough to get things moving.

The choice of words to describe Bolly92 might be unfortunate as Lorne points out.

Bolly92 - your story doesn't hold up. If you only accept local and will not ship, then why did you accept money from CGrape? If you accepted the money first by accident, you could have easy refunded it penalty free as soon as you figured out that shipping was required. Once you accepted the money, you are responsible for delivering the product in good condition.

Lorne - stuff does happen. But that is what email and phones are for.

The original thread should stay. Bolly - if you want to improve your reputation, then don't make the same series of mistakes again.

Perhaps it's fair that if someone buys something from this user again and the experience is a positive one that the email address can be removed from the thread?

If it were a full legal name there'd be potential, if only potential, for a slander suit.

The post is ok, anyone that reads it can see that you did send the item it just took a while and I guess had a complaint. That happens. I would be interested in others on this board if they did transactions with you to post if things went ok. That would clear up a lot of issues.

Back