• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Need Help With Apple II Merlin

Mister_Al

I was able to find a copy of "Merlin Pro Version 1.34" to practice assembly language on Apple II Plus. (All through emulation). I keep entering the sample program included in the instruction manual, which is supposed to ring a bell, but no matter how many times I enter it EXACTLY as it appears, I keep getting ERR: Extra Command Characters

Does anyone know what's going on?

Is there any chance of you connecting to your apple with a serial cable and giving us a sort of "screenshot" or transcript? It's been a while since I've used Merlin but I do remember it's soft of an edit, save, compile, copy to memory, execute process. It's easy to miss a step and get weird results.

I was able to find a copy of "Merlin Pro Version 1.34" to practice assembly language on Apple II Plus. (All through emulation). I keep entering the sample program included in the instruction manual, which is supposed to ring a bell, but no matter how many times I enter it EXACTLY as it appears, I keep getting ERR: Extra Command Characters

Does anyone know what's going on?

I think the problem might be that Virtual II is running an Apple IIE ROM and not Apple II Plus. Does anyone have that ROM on hand?

Back